Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Military Uniform - Can Anyone Please Assist?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 4 Oct 2015 12:06

I have a photo of a relation in military uniform who I thought was my grandfather Luke Edwards (AKA Fred Roberts) who signed up for the Royal Dragoons in 1924 but now I have my doubts & am wondering if it is my great grandfather Luke Edwards (Snr) who joined the Kings Shropshire Light Infantry in 1903. Is there anyone out there who would be able identify the regiment from the uniform? If so, please let me have your email address so that I can send you the photo.

Kind regards,

Nick Roberts.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 4 Oct 2015 15:29

If you put your photo on Keepsafe, make sure the privacy setting is set for anyone to look at it, then post the URL as a link on here, we can all look at it and someone may know the answer.

Also, if you google Royal Dragoon Guards or Kings Shropshire Light Infantry you will probably find a picture of the uniform to help you identify which it is.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Oct 2015 18:11

Put both regiment names into Google Images and you will find photos of the uniforms and also the cap badges. The cap badges are probably the easiest way to identify the regiment and luckily these two have quite different badges.

Kath. x

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 5 Oct 2015 10:01

Many thanks - that's confirmed it is my grandfather.

Kind regards,

Nick