Military Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas Eden Thompson born 1895

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JThompson

JThompson Report 11 Nov 2014 16:39

East Yorkshire Regiment 2nd Battalion Private No 11396 died aged 20 in 04.10.1915 First World War France and Flanders - killed in action at Ypes.

Trying to find a photograph of Thomas when he was a private. Any ideas.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 11 Nov 2014 16:50

Welcome to the boards JThompson - try using the Search All Member trees for any one who has him listed, then send them a message.

Extend your search by using his siblings, and parents names. The tree owners could be distant relatives who may have a photo

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 17 Nov 2014 06:55

I haven't been able to locate a photo of him, but his (Loos Memorial) cemetery listing and photo is at
http://www.twgpp.org/information.php?id=2516235
and
http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/1770659/THOMPSON,%20THOMAS%20E , where you can also see originals of Grave Registration and Panel Listing.

I appreciate you may already have found these :-)
K

JThompson

JThompson Report 2 Feb 2015 09:55

Thank you great help. Have received images of the memorial wall but unfortunately he is in an unmarked grave.

JThompson

JThompson Report 10 Jul 2015 20:13

Thank you for all your help I have managed to get a photograph of him from the local paper taken in his uniform before leaving for France and Flanders. All the family are happy to see what he looked like.

Thank you again for everyones help. :-)