Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kevin Paul Dummer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 25 Jun 2018 23:23

I'm trying to find my brother who was born Kevin Dummer but was adopted shortly after birth

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 26 Jun 2018 00:22

Welcome to the boards Mark.

When was your brother born?

If you use the search facility (top of screen on the right). Click on search and then click "search all member trees" you will find that there is only one person with the name Kevin Drummer in their tree. This Kevin was born in 1956 in New Zealand so I don't know if it is the person you are looking for.

If it is not, then have you added your name to the adoption contact register. If your brother ever tries to find his birth family he may possibly add his name and then you can be put in contact with each other. Here is a link to the site:-

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Kath. x

Mark

Mark Report 26 Jun 2018 09:50

Thanks Kath, he was born in Enfield in 1966. I will try the link you sent me. Many thanks,

Mark

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Jun 2018 11:05

You can also add a postem note to his birth record on FreeBMD, to say you're wanting to make contact - in case he or anyone who knows him happens to look up his birth record there.
Use an email address other than your usual one, or you may be laying yourself open to all sorts of unwanted emails.

Find the birth record on FreeBMD; click on the"spectacles" sign; add a postem (instructions on that page).

www.freebmd.org.uk