Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Donald Bruce Palmer born 1926 Victoria Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 15 Mar 2018 00:47

I am helping a friend ( Vicki ) look for her cousins of her 3 uncles
( 1 )Donald Bruce Palmer born 17/6/1926 died 30/1/2005 married Lola Elsie Dashwood 1947 in Victoria Australia, I found Lola Elsie on the 1967 Electrol Roll living at 11 Skewes Street, Avondale Hts Sunshine North. There is also Fay & a Kenneth Ross Palmer living in Avondale Hts are they her children?

( 2 ) Geoffrey Martin Palmer born ABT 1925 died 7/8/2003 married Valerie Sophia Mawson in Victoria, There is a possible daughter Linda Gayle on the 1977 Electrol Roll
(3 ) Keith William Palmer born ABT 1928 died 10/7/91 married Audrey May Phefley in 1949 in Victoria.I think he may have remarried to a Myrtle Eva & there might be a son William James? as seen on the Electrol Rolls

Thank You
Ellen

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2018 08:51

In 1980 ER, Myrtle Eva and William James are together at the same address in Drouin, Victoria..

Keith William and Audrey May are together in Benalla in 1980.

So Myrtle wasn't Keith's second wife - unless her surname was already Palmer.

Even if so, William James wasn't Keith's son - possibly he was Myrtle's son, but more likely was her husband.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2018 09:06

1963 -
Lola Elsie is at 11 Skewes Street, and Kenneth Ross and Fay are at 18 Glencara Street - both the same as in 1968

I don't see Kenneth listed with Lola at any time, so either he's not her son, or he left home before reaching voting age.

Donald Bruce isn't with Lola in either 1963 or 1968.
Nor in 1958, when she's at 143 Skewes Street.

1954 - Lola is in Brunswick West - still no Donald Bruce with her .

Are you sure Lola and Donald married?
Or did they separate shortly afterwards?
You give the date 1947 - I'm assuming that's the year you think they married?

1977 - Donald Bruce is living alone in Malvern West - assuming he's the same Donald Bruce Palmer.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2018 09:11

But one success!

In 1972 Geoffrey Martin, Valerie Sophia and Linda Gayle are all at the same address in Elsternwick North.

1977, still all together at one address.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2018 09:43

In case Kenneth is any relation of Lola or Donald (though my personal feeling is that he isn't) -

In 1958 there's a Kenneth Ross Palmer (coppersmith) and a Thomas James Palmer (buyer) listed together in Ascot Vale, Victoria.

Don't know if he's the same one who is with Fay in 1963 (fireman) and 1968 (fireman).

In 1980, Kenneth Ross (carrier) , Fay (receptionist) , and Jacqueline Irene (hairdresser) are together in Keilor East.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 16 Mar 2018 12:32

1954 -

Valerie Sophia and Geoffrey Martin are at the same address in Caulfield as in 1972 and 1977 - ie - in Elsternwick, Caulfield West.

Valerie

Valerie Report 17 Mar 2018 05:05

The 'VIC State Library' (on-line) has an 'Ask Us' librarian service. They will check electoral rolls - past & present. They also check newspaper death notices -for family names etc. (dates & location would help).

Valerie
WAus

Ellen

Ellen Report 17 Mar 2018 10:38

Thank you Valerie, I went online & look what I found fantastic !!!
.Now have 2 more brothers to find

SUN HERALD 10th July 2003
PALMER. - Geoffrey Martin. Passed away peacefully Tuesday, July 8 at Cabrini Hospital, aged 78 years Much loved husband of Valerie for 56 years. Loved brother of Edward (dec. ), Keith (dec. ) and Bruce. There's a place in my heart that's yours alone, A piece of our lives no other can own. The tears in my eyes I can wipe away, But the memories of you will always stay. With tears I saw you suffer, I watched you fade away. My heart was slowly breaking as you fought so hard to stay. Sweet is the sleep that ends all pain, And I would not wake you to suffer again. Gone from this World but never from my heart Private Cremation