Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathleen (Catherine) Brookshaw b 1939 (approx)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elsiemary

Elsiemary Report 12 Feb 2018 22:53

Father was posted to Singapore (Dockyard) 1955-1956-period

Rambling

Rambling Report 12 Feb 2018 23:00

Nothing coming up for a birth 1939, what was her father's first name?

couple of births 1931 Kathleen one in Cheshire one in Sussex?

Both are on at least one tree on here.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Feb 2018 02:56

Elsiemary you'd like help finding her? Hard to tell from your post ...

Presumably you knew her when she was still a minor so don't know whether she married, or where or whom.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Feb 2018 03:20

Might Brookshaw be her husband's surname?

Kathleen marriages to Brookshaw in 1967 and 1973 - ?

... husband in the 1973 marriage was too young

but the husband in the 1967 marriage was probably born 1934 ... but no Kathleen birth to match the wife between 1933 and 1947.

Pam

Pam Report 13 Feb 2018 09:17

Do you know the names of her parents ?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Feb 2018 14:18

Elsiemary is not a newbie to the boards so presumably will return ...

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/quicksearchresults?keyword=elsiemary

She appears to be searching for people who were girls in Singapore at the same time she was:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1336213
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1354134

... but to be going on information that is not entirely unreliable, given memory and time, as was the case in those threads.

Elsiemary

Elsiemary Report 13 Feb 2018 15:19

Some members have been very helpful and given me information to go on. They seem to know where to look to find information. I belong to a Singapore Reunion website and have been able to track down some friends using my own 'search' on here - but requested help from other members as well. Thank you to those who have assisted me.

Elsiemary

Elsiemary Report 13 Feb 2018 15:20

Brookshaw was the person's maiden name - the same as her parents. she would have been about 19 during 1955/56.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Feb 2018 16:22

We all know where to find information here, Elsiemary! And we all try to be very helpful. That's what we're doing.

And unfortunately, there is simply no birth for a Cat* or Kat* Brookshaw (I also tried Bruckshaw) in England/Wales in the timeframe you gave.

(I also checked overseas births and Scotland.)

Your posts about this group of people in Singapore generally fail to give much information, particularly how you have the info you have, and why you are looking for the person.

It makes much more sense to give this info right from the start, so people who would like to help have a better idea of how to go about trying to help.

Also, it's generally wise to be clear about what you are asking, and maybe to ask nicely for help.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Feb 2018 16:35

If she was about 19 during 1955-56, she would have been born about 1936-37, not 1939, no?

Still no births to fit.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Feb 2018 16:47

There is no record of the name Brookshaw travelling to Singapore at any time on the FMP migration and travel records.

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Feb 2018 17:13

Parents of the 1931 birth in Cheshire died Cheshire, mother of the Eastbourne birth died Eastbourne. Nothing mentioned in Probate records that helps. Both those Kathleens had siblings, so don't think it's them?

Rambling

Rambling Report 13 Feb 2018 17:19

There's a marriage for the Kathleen in Cheshire, but that's 1955 so unless she came back to marry it can't be your Kathleen?