Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Evelyn Pearson born 1930

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 21 Nov 2017 21:01

Anyone got access to the 1939 register? Looking for Evelyn,mothers maiden name Mossop,in the Ulverston area.(There's two Mossop/Pearson marriages in the area,1924-1925,unsure which she belongs to.CHEERS.

Linda

Linda Report 21 Nov 2017 21:51

Is Evelyn still alive is so her name will not appear on the 1939 register had a look for Evelyn Pearson in Ulverston , her name did not come up what where her parents first names and I will have another look

Linda

Linda Report 21 Nov 2017 21:52

Is Evelyn still alive is so her name will not appear on the 1939 register had a look for Evelyn Pearson in Ulverston , her name did not come up what where her parents first names and I will have another look

Paul

Paul Report 21 Nov 2017 22:21

No,she's deceased.unsure of parents names,it's one of two sets.If i find Evelyn on there,born 1930.I'll know who the parents are.She may be in the Dalton-in-Furness,or Barrow-in-Furness areas.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Nov 2017 22:31

If you are looking at two sets of parents

these married 1925 are on the 1939, with children and no closed records so you can eliminate them

Mossop Sarah Pearson Barrow F.
Pearson Benjamin Mossop Barrow F.

Rambling

Rambling Report 21 Nov 2017 22:33

this set of parents

MOSSOP Elizabeth E Pearson Ulverston 8e 1161
Pearson Robert Mossop Ulverston 8e 1161

are on 1939 with two closed records

1939 REGISTER TRANSCRIPTION
Pearson Household (6 People)
2 Ann Street , Dalton-in-Furness U.D., Lancashire, England

Elizabeth E Pearson 04 Nov 1903 Female Unapaid Domestic Duties Married 65 2
Robert Pearson 17 May 1903 Male Navvy (Heavy Worker) Married 65 1
Frank Pearson 17 Oct 1924 Male At School Single 65 3
Margaret Kendal (Pearson) 16 Jul 1927 Female At School Single 65 4
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.
Sorry, this record is officially closed. Check if you can open a closed record.

Margaret and Frank both born Ulverston

Flip

Flip Report 25 Nov 2017 10:28

Using CumbriaBMD you will see the marriage of Elizabeth & Robert was at St Mary's, Dalton in Furness. Their children's births are also in the sub-district of Dalton rather than Ulverston.

http://www.cumbriabmd.org.uk/marriagesearch.php

Looks like the other closed record on Nyx's 1939 would be Margery born 1936. There may also be later children including Eleanor and Ann, both in the 1940s

Dawn

Dawn Report 28 Nov 2017 09:24

Hi Paul
Have sent you a message direct as I believe Evelyn is in fact still alive and living in Dalton in Furness with her son.