Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Rosie Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nigel

Nigel Report 17 Nov 2017 06:20

I am trying to find Rosie Ireland (her maiden name) the only information l have is she was born around 1947 lived on a farm called Goosey farm Walingford way Abingdon

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Nov 2017 07:02

Have you looked on freebmd for her birth

Who did she marry

Was Rosie her given name or as she was known as there's no births for a Rosie Ireland

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Nov 2017 10:56

There’s a Rosemary J Ireland birth reg 1st quarter 1947, Reading registration district?
Although it doesn’t include Abingdon, it’s the best match if she was born in the area.

That particular Rosemary could have married a Mr I J Cutler in 1968 & had lived in Reading. The house was last sold in 2013. They could have opted out of the commercial ER.

Nigel

Nigel Report 17 Nov 2017 22:56

I have very little information on her I'm trying to find her for my sister in law who is her daughter and was adopted, her birth name is Amanda Jane Ireland and she was told she has two siblings but unfortunately we don't know Rosie's married name or the siblings. I can't find any birth or marriage info on Rosie so I'm stuck.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Nov 2017 23:26

Has your sister-in-Law accessed her adoption file? If not, she should apply to Social Services.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register
Is the link to the adoption contact register. Has she added her name to that? Further down the page are links to
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/intermediary-agencies
who can employed to search. They would probably have clearance to access records we don’t.

Have you tracked down the historical Electoral Roll for Goosey Farm? Wallingford library might be a good place to start.
https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/wallingford-library
Even if the surnames listed aren’t Ireland, they might still be relatives.

There are 2 children from the Cutler/Ireland marriage but, unless you can work out who Rosie’s parents are, her father as named on their MC can’t be used as a checking point.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Nov 2017 23:42

Although Amanda’s name isn’t showing up on a tree search, there’s no harm in adding her to your own tree ( with her permission).
If you already have her in her adopted name, ‘marry her off’ to your sibling/her spouse using her birth name.

You never know - a new member may one day come looking for her & wish to make contact via you. For that reason, please don’t delete your account, just allow it to lapse if you so wish. Also, make sure your GR membership is always linked to a current email address even if you change providers.
We occasionally see threads such as this one where someone has joined specifically to share information about the named person. It’s a terrible shame when it’s realised the opening poster has deleted their account, leaving no way to be contacted.

Flip

Flip Report 19 Nov 2017 09:26

Was the farm a family home? if so it may be worth a trip to the local records office to check out the electoral roles, although Rosie would not be able to vote (age was 21 at the time) there may be details of parents or siblings that could be followed up on.

The Abingdon ERs are held at Reading central library, who may check for you but would likely charge for a search.

Added: It looks like Ancestry has the Berkshire ERs up to 1965, maybe someone with a sub could check it out?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Nov 2017 11:46

Only resident

Name: Avril P Hague
Residence Year: 1965
Street address: Goosey House Farm
Residence Place: Berkshire, England

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Nov 2017 11:52

the Gleed family live there till approx 1965

Name: Arthur Gleed
Residence Year: 1945
Street address: Goosey House Farm
Residence Place: Berkshire, England
And a Lilian S Gleed

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Nov 2017 11:54

Beautiful house . Perhaps she was a live in domestic

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35149857.html

Flip

Flip Report 19 Nov 2017 12:17

Oh well, another dead end but was worth trying, thanks Shirley.

Rambling

Rambling Report 19 Nov 2017 12:27

If Amanda is the one born Devizes?? You might want to look on freebmd at Rosemary A born 1945, in , it's not the same area, but neither is it to far out?