Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my half sister Paula Alice Ingham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christopher

Christopher Report 5 Nov 2017 10:21

Hi all. I'm very new to all this and trying to find my half sister Paula. Paula was born in Morecambe/Lancaster but other than knowing she was registered in Lancaster in 1978 I have little to nothing else to go on. So I have joined here fore a while in the hope I might track Paula down..... here's hoping

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Nov 2017 10:33

Welcome to the boards Christopher.

I see Paula's birth was registered in the surname Ingham and also in the surname Smith, so I'm guessing that you share the same father, and that your father and Paula's mother were not married.

Do you know whether or not Paula was brought up by her mother or was she adopted?

This is her birth reference in case you want to buy her birth certificate:-

First name(s) PAULA ALICE M
Last name INGHAM
Birth year 1978
Birth quarter 2
Registration month -
Mother's last name Ingham
District Lancaster
County Lancashire
Country England
Volume 40
Page 1330
Record set England & Wales Births 1837-2006

Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Nov 2017 10:40

Will send a possible address from electoral registers by pm just for you to check. No guarantee that this is the right person.

Kath. x

Christopher

Christopher Report 5 Nov 2017 11:37

Thanks for your help Kath. Any leads are worth having. :-)

Flip

Flip Report 5 Nov 2017 16:34

Hi Christopher,

An answer to Kaths questions may help - ie was she adopted? If so we may be looking at a totally different surnames and forenames and a totally different scenario.

Kath has sent you possible details, but unless we know what name she has been going by it would be impossible to know if they are correct. My son was registered in 2 names (because I wasn't married to his dad), but goes by his fathers name so she may have gone by the name Smith?

No child was given a surname on a BC, it came from the parents names.

Christopher

Christopher Report 8 Nov 2017 19:17

Hi. Sorry I have just got back on here again. Yes she was registered under Ingham and also under Smith. She was only around for about 6 months after being born and I was young at the time so details are a bit sketchy I'm afraid. I presume that because she moved away with her mother that she took her mothers last name and this seems to be what is on the birth typed records, although searches for either Ingham or Smith both come back to the same entry of registration. Thanks Flip

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 Nov 2017 22:27

Do you know the mother's name? If she married then Paula could be under that surname.

Rose

Christopher

Christopher Report 9 Nov 2017 07:38

Hi Rose. All I know is she was Carol or Carole Ingham. She may well have married and both surnames possibly changed. Thanks