Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding my living reletives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

martina1701

martina1701 Report 27 Jan 2017 22:01

I am trying to find brother and sister Ron cook and Brenda Cook, originaly from Taunton in Somerset. They were both born in the 1940's so would be in thier 70's now, they had a younger brother called Martin who died in 1988, he was my father. I have'nt seen either of them since my fathers funeral and am desperate to find them both as they are getting elderly, i would like to beg anyone out there with information on there wareabouts to please contact me. thank you Martina

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jan 2017 22:08

Do you have any more info on them .did they marry if so do you have spouse names

Any idea where they were living in 1988

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jan 2017 22:16

Mmn Rowley

Brenda R. 1940

Ronald C. 1944

Martin W. 1947

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Jan 2017 22:27

Do you know Brenda's second Christian name please

martina1701

martina1701 Report 28 Jan 2017 00:17

I know Brenda was married but I don't know addresses for either of them as I was just a kid when my dad died

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Jan 2017 00:51

Martina, if you could edit your first message it would help

put

Ronald Cook and Brenda Cook - still need help

Because you have marked a post as answered, your entire thread unfortunately shows as answered (so it looks like you don't need any more help).

And it is always best to put names in the subject line, and use full names. That way there is a chance that if someone does an internet search for the name, they will find your message.

Were their parents Dorothy R Rowley and Gilbert Cook?
(they would be your grandparents)

their deaths

Name: Gilbert Cook
Birth Date: 23 Sep 1902
Date of Registration: Aug 1994
Age at Death: 91
Registration district: Taunton Deane
Inferred County: Somerset

Name: Dorothy Rosemary Cook
Birth Date: 15 Feb 1913
Age at Death: 88
Registration district: Taunton
Inferred County: Devon, Somerset

their births

Births Mar 1913
Rowley Dorothy R (mother Parker) Axbridge 5c 758

Births Dec 1902
COOK Gilbert Barton R. 6a 235

using that information ... apparently no one has them in their family tree at this site

you should make a tree and put your father and your grandparents in it, so if anyone searches for them in trees here, they will find you

(make sure to keep your email address in your account here up to date, so if someone sends you a message, you get it)

unfortunately there is sad news for Brenda I think.

She married James Tilley in 1960 in Taunton
and she died in January 1994

Name: Brenda Rosemary Tilley
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1940
Age at Death: 53 (in Jan 1994)
Registration district: Ealing
Inferred County: London

no death seems to be registered for Ronald up to 2007, but unfortunately there is no easy match for a marriage for him ... there are a dozen Ronald C Cook marriages in the 1960s and 1970s, but none in Somerset. Except for a possible in Bristol?

Three Tilley children with mother Cook were born in Ealing where Brenda died, and their middle names would match with being children of your Brenda. Did you know any cousins who were her children?

I'm going to send you info for contacting child J.R.T. privately.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Jan 2017 07:28

Yes that was the marriage I found and sadly her death

Had checked back several times for your reply before posting the info just in case it wasn't the right lady

patchem

patchem Report 28 Jan 2017 08:20

There is a grant and will for Dorothy Rosemary Cook in 2001. Apply for the will for information that might name children and their spouses and grandchildren?

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 28 Jan 2017 22:03

Martina has read my private message giving contact info for one of Brenda's children, at least that I am nearly positive is the right person.

No reply as yet.

The death info for Brenda matches the quarter of her birth registration, and the marriage for the right name in the right place, so I think it's all pretty certain.

someone at Genes does have Brenda in their tree, so I pointed that out to Martina as well.