Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kenneth Arnold Griffin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

amanda

amanda Report 20 Dec 2016 09:10

Hi wondering if anybody could help me in my search for Kenneth Arnold Griffin got a little information but not sure if it would help with possible address or even any known address. He was born in 1941 and Married 1963 to Joyce Holloway in Birmingham they then had two children Janice Elizabeth Griffin 1967 and Bryan Kenneth Griffin 1970. Joyce and Kenneth separated but I don't think we're ever properly divorced and Joyce has since passed. Would love any kind of information at all thank you in advance :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Dec 2016 09:28

Well he seems to have stayed in the Birmingham area and remarried in 1988

If it is him they are in Solihull to 2014

He doesn't show as Arnold second name and there are other Kenneth A Griiffin in the records

Could be him because of the area

Will PM the address

amanda

amanda Report 20 Dec 2016 09:43

Thank you very much Shirley I wouldn't know for sure if he remarried does it show if he had any more children

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Dec 2016 09:57

Doesn't look like there were any children from the marriage

amanda

amanda Report 20 Dec 2016 10:15

Shirley would you know if there is a divorce record for Joyce and Kenneth as Joyce didn't pass till 2000 so I would be able to rule that one out if they weren't divorced sorry to be a pain just trying to think of anything to help

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Dec 2016 12:02

Info about UK divorce records here, Amanda:

http://tinyurl.com/hy4ezey

amanda

amanda Report 20 Dec 2016 12:56

Thanks for the link to the site unfortunately I'm having a bit of difficulty using it I have tried putting both names in and nothing comes up I then tried searching for someone who I know has definitely been divorced and it still came up with nothing relevant I'm most definitely probably using it wrong any tips would be greatly appreciated

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 20 Dec 2016 14:24

Perhaps you didn't notice the dates given on the link I posted above, Amanda.
They are all too early for the divorce you are hoping to find.

The link I posted gives a further link to the gov.uk site, where you can apply for a copy of a decree absolute - if there is one, and if you can give enough relevant information when you apply:

https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order

You cannot search online for such a recent divorce.

amanda

amanda Report 20 Dec 2016 15:43

I understand now thank you very much

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Dec 2016 07:22

wont her death cert give her marital status

ie say wife or widow or divorced wife of !!!!!

i see she passed as Griffin but it may be she just didnt remarry

amanda

amanda Report 21 Dec 2016 10:38

I haven't got her death certificate my mum and her lost contact just before I was born and when I later tried to track her down through this site found she had sadly passed maybe would be a good start though to order one thanks Shirley