Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hoping to find my birth Mother Rose A Deehan/Baker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Steve

Steve Report 18 Oct 2016 20:47

I am looking to find my Mother who I lived with until age 5, I was sent to live with my Grandmother Clarice Baker in Birmingham then moved to Cheltenham to live with my Father Doug Baker.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Oct 2016 22:41

Welcome to the board and GR Steven.

It does help if you tell us roughly what year the person was born. As you've entered your father on your tree, its possible to see that he was born early 1940's and to work out that you left your mother in the early 1970's.

Have you any idea when and where your mother was born? If we can't find her, we may be able to find her birth registration and work out if she had any siblings. They may be in contact with her, or have more up to date information

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Oct 2016 22:53

I see your parents did marry. Is there any useful info from the cert, such as a name for her father?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Oct 2016 22:56

Hmm - the only record that can confidently be attributed to her is the marriage to your father. Could she have been born somewhere other than England or Wales?

Steve

Steve Report 18 Oct 2016 23:13

Hi, thank you for the reply, I believe she was born in Northern Ireland, possibly Londonderry in the early 1940's but I have no actual details. My Father was born in Birmingham 1940's

I think she was known as Rina rather than her actual name Rose or Rosa.

She and my Dad married in 1962 had my older brother Kevin in November 64 and me in September 66 and then I believe divorced in the early 70's.

A cousin told my brother in 2008 that she lived in London and had a daughter.

Thanks and Regards

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 19 Oct 2016 07:57

The cousin who passed on the info must have got it from somewhere .cant they give any more info ??

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 19 Oct 2016 10:47

I would be inclined to purchase a copy of the marriage cert.

It should give you info as to how old Rose was when she married, her middle name and details of who her father was. The witnesses might be family members.

Prickles.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Oct 2016 19:06

Search Trees has a near match of 1939,,,,,,,would they be known to you.?

Use top right ,Search,,,,,click Search all Members Trees,,,,,enter Roses name,click on the persons name to send a message.

Steve

Steve Report 19 Oct 2016 20:31

Hi Kay, yes I saw that one too and I've asked the owner of the tree if it could be her, thanks for spotting it and letting me know