Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathryn Beales(NEE Phillips)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Dec 2015 01:32

Looking for daughter of Stanley Aleck phillips who posted a request 29 Nov 2007I am your half sister from first marriage. Hope to hear from you :-)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 Dec 2015 01:50

Hello Barbara Ann and welcome

did you try sending a message to Kathryn via the link to her name in the thread you are talking about?

if she still has a current email address in her account, she will receive a notice of your message

there is very little chance she would see this message of yours ... unless she also googles and finds it :-)

make sure to keep a current email address in your own account here, and don't delete the account (just let it lapse to 'free member' status, which allows you to receive and reply to messages)

I can't find the message of Kathryn's you are referring to, but if you add a reply to it, it will pop up to the top of the list of messages so that someone might help you find her

also it would be good to copy the link into this thread

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 17 Dec 2015 01:56

found it ... name spelt Alick

you may want to use 'Edit' to correct the spelling in your post so google finds it

or I'll just add it here: 'Stanley Alick Phillips'

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/986615

no wonder couldn't find records in England ... it's Australia/New Zealand :-)

also ... you won't get notices of replies to this posting, unless you click 'Watch This'

you may want to do that in case someone replies here rather than by private message

Barbara

Barbara Report 14 Jan 2016 09:06

To Kathryn Beales, Well I am trying to get back to you . My name is Barbara and I am your half sister from your Dads first marriage. I live in Victoria Australia and was born 19-5-1943 and have 4sons and 4 stepchildren. This is proving to be a little difficult but I know you lived in Auckland New Zealand at one stage. Your dad was Stanley Alick Phillips

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jan 2016 10:59

Barbara.

As explained by JoonieCloonie, you need to send a message directly to Kathryn, not by adding it to this thread.

JoonieCloonie provided the link to her original thread. Just click in the blue line of writing to go to it. It will open in a new tab.
Then click on her name to send her a personal message. As long as she still uses the same linked email address she will know you are trying to contact her.

She's registered on this site under the surname of Beales. Have you thought of searching the NZ on line phone books or even placing a newspaper advert?

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Jan 2016 20:20

Yeah, you're welcome, Barbara

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 Jan 2016 23:52

PM sent to Kathryn, asking for contact details. If some are given, they will be passed on to Barbara by PM & a note added to this thread.

Barbara, as a new member, you may not realise that neither JoonieCloonie nor I are employees of Genes. We, like you, are subscribing members.We freely use our time, experience and subscriptions to other sites to try to help others like yourself.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Jan 2016 10:37

Barbara had now added to the original thread. She states she has sent Kathryn a message.
The one from me has not yet been opened. Early days.

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Jan 2016 12:27

For ref helpers and Barbara

I am PMing Barbara with a very likely FB match, as per names on Kathryn's tree on here.

Barbara, I have also posted on other thread that I have sent a message...see 'messages ' at top of page. :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2016 15:43

PM sent to Kathryn has been opened. That's a good sign. :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 18 Jan 2016 16:38

DET, Barbara and Kathryn are now in contact :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jan 2016 17:29

Good - thank >you< for posting that, Rose.