Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

remember Una Faye and her search for her son?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2015 07:56

Those who helped will for sure ... and it lives only in our memory now, because she has deleted the thread (probably wisely ... but not to tell us what had happened?)

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/success_stories/thread/1356165
she posted on 15 Nov 2015:
Thanks to this site after 30 years, my son finally found that I was looking for him, contacted me yesterday, thanks Kay for being with me, Joonie and all other searchers, a very happy Mum. :-D

probably doesn't realise that no one ever looks at that board ... or am I the only one who didn't know??

I'm going to PM her and ask her if she would mind telling us at least how this happened - did he see her thread?

I'll ask her to post here, without giving personal info, just so we know how they found each other!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Dec 2015 16:21

Would certainly be nice to know which of Mr. D's relatives adopted him.

Rose

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2015 16:40

I suggested that if she wanted to tell any of us *privately* how the story did play out, what the connections were, etc., we'd like to know

but mostly just what it was that led to the success!

(but Rose I think by deleting, Una Faye wanted to keep the details private, so maybe that name in this thread isn't the best idea ...)

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 14 Dec 2015 18:02

Una Faye speaks :-)

turns out she was trying the social services route but it was taking forever ... son got her letter after a while but no way of contacting her ... so being a resourceful lad, he googled her name and found ... us!

there is a Mr D connection but it hasn't been worked out yet, Una Faye and children are merrily filling one another in on their lives and everyone is happy as pigs :-D (and he was overwhelmed with all our searching efforts)

(and let this be a lesson not to name yr children the trendy moniker du jour, so that when someone important needs to google their names ... or search for them by telepathy or whatever they'll be doing then ... they'll have a chance of finding them! Imagine if Una Faye had been Mary Ann ... or Britney Jade ...)

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 15 Dec 2015 03:38

Thanks for letting us know Joonie- always good to hear a successful result.

Best Wishes to all the family.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 15 Dec 2015 10:33

Thanks for the update. Although I'd spotted the Success posting, I couldn't remember the exact circumstances. Your mentioning of Mr D was the trigger. Well done to all who contributed.

Aside from Una having a more unusual name, to her advantage she never deleted her account. Can you imagine her son's disappointment if she had? It just goes to highlight the importance of keeping a GR account 'live' even if the owner no longer subscribes.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Dec 2015 15:38

very very true Detective

has this problem arisen because of some kind of free trial account or some such?

it seems people are deleting those accounts rather than just cancelling autopayment or something like that maybe

I had only noticed this happening recently