Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ROY DESMOND HOPCRAFT (Chester)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvette

Yvette Report 14 Nov 2015 16:53

Hi im looking for my father Roy Desmond Hopcraft last seen in Rugby Warwickshire, possibly gone abroad. Any help is greatly appreciated please he was last seen 40 years ago.
Many thanks
Yvetet

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Nov 2015 17:24

I can see from a google search that you have been looking for 10 years or so, might be as well to make it clear that he could be using the surname Chester, and that it doesn't refer to the city. :-)

Yvette

Yvette Report 14 Nov 2015 17:52

Wow how did you manage to find that when I Google search nothing comes up yes Chester Boon was his nickname I have searched high and low. Thank you, it's been too long.

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Nov 2015 18:08

Not finding much, there are a couple of Roy Chesters on facebook, one person in trees on here has a Roy Chester with the same birth year but no location.

Have you tried making contact with his siblings?

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 14 Nov 2015 18:10

Do you have contact with Roy's siblings?

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 14 Nov 2015 18:10

Same thought Rose, I can find Kevin on the ER

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Nov 2015 18:12

:-) as is his sister married name Musson

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Nov 2015 18:18

I'm guessing you have contact with Veronica who has a tree on here? So perhaps his family have lost contact with him also?

Rambling

Rambling Report 14 Nov 2015 18:27

There are two listings for an R Hopcraft in Aus'

http://www.whitepages.com.au/searchRes.action?page=2&name=hopcroft&location=

might be worth a try.

Yvette

Yvette Report 14 Nov 2015 21:00

Many thanks for all your efforts
Yes I have found Veronica and Kevin and they too have not seen him for 40 years which makes us think he may have changed his name....
I have looked on Facebook and I will look at the link you sent thank you.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Nov 2015 22:06

Yvette can you just clarify

it has been assumed that Chester is his alternate surname

but what you said was 'Chester Boon was his nickname'

Do you mean that he may be using the -surname- Chester, or using it as a given name?

Yvette

Yvette Report 15 Nov 2015 22:13

Hi
Many thanks for your reply.
His name is Roy Desmond Hopcraft born 14.04.1950 he had a nickname which was Chester Boon, so im clutching at straws really... i'm thinking maybe he is using an alternative name.

I have just found a Roy D Hopcraft on ancestry.co.uk im waiting for a confirmation, they only have his name on their tree which is strange, but they have him as no longer alive.........
Yvette

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Nov 2015 22:32

okay well that didn't clarify anything ...

Roy Chester
or
Chester Hopcraft
?

what an odd tree that is on Ancestry ... the only name in the tree and the only tree the person has, and they have no other activity

and the birth 'date' seems to be just the quarter of birth from the index (but could be the month - you would know)

the person last signed in to Ancestry over a year ago and shows no other activity

if you search for the birth of a person with the name and middle initial of that tree owner, you will find the year (only one birth with that name and initial)

search for that person in trees here at genesreunited and you will find her in her sister's tree

there is no guarantee that that is the right person

the name on the tree could be a name by marriage and there is only one possible such marriage, 2004

(since you have Ancestry you can look those up)

the idea being that it might be able to find her another way if the message via Ancestry doesn't work

certainly the information in that tree is very explicit so hopefully you do hear back from her

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Nov 2015 22:42

edited - sorry, I thought I might have found something related, but someone's spelling error explained it
:-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 15 Nov 2015 22:56

I think that the tree owner may just have picked up on this death which is the year and location given on her tree, without knowing it was a different birthdate ( and middle initial) ?

HOPCRAFT ROY KEITH 1926 2006 2006 England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Portsmouth, Hampshire, England

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 16 Nov 2015 01:35

ah, I think you may well be right - I'd been going to go check deaths, having an idea they are available to a more recent date than births and marriages, and then firefox crashed ...

what a strange little thing to put in a tree

I asked someone to remove a small weird loose branch of a tree once that showed relations of mine who were unrelated (and not connected up) to their main tree - she informed me she had just been collecting the name and putting up pretty much random things in a tree

Yvette

Yvette Report 16 Nov 2015 10:30

Many thanks, its very strange and i cant seem to find a registered death....
Will continue looking and see if something turns up.