Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for relatives of louise Smith

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Sep 2015 16:32

Hi i am searching for any relatives of Louise smith D.O.B 1971- (Kent area) Pembury

Mothers name Shirley Smith-
Any support really appreciated

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Sep 2015 16:37

Her birth gro record indicates she was adopted

Wendy

Wendy Report 22 Sep 2015 16:42

Hi , yes Louise was adopted but is trying to find her birth family, her mothers name is shirley smith and was born approx 1956,

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Sep 2015 17:50

Do you know Allen who has a tree on this site?

He lists a Louise Smith b 1971 in 'Maidstone'. Not sure in Pembury comes under that reg district or another one.

If you wanted to check with him, just search for Louise in Kent 1971

You don't list Louise in your own tree - that's one positive that you can do.

Has Louise added her name to the Adoption Contact Register?
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register
If she hasn't already, she should apply to see her adoption file. There may be other clues about her birth family on that.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Sep 2015 17:57

Hi Wendy.
Has 'Louise' got her adoption file? If so, I wonder if it has any more info, such as an address for her mother maybe.
If not, I would suggest she gets all records so she has as much info as possible.
She might also think about registering on the National Adoption Register.
Jan

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Sep 2015 21:55

Pembury comes under Tonbridge reg district

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 26 Sep 2015 06:04

a Shirley Smith married in Tonbridge in 1974 ... that could have been the one born there in 1949 or the one in 1952 (both have same middle initial as the marriage)

as has been suggested, best to get all available records to have all info possible ... e.g. anything that would give Shirley's age, middle name, address ...