Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 18 Sep 2015 23:03

looking for a Neil a Derbyshire, mum and dads names are Joyce and James Derbyshire , you were born in plymouth and lived in cornwall you would be about 46-to 49 years old now don't know if you know anything about the family if you would like to know anything please contact me
terence derbyhire

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Sep 2015 06:10

His birth reference implies an adoption or name change. Does this sound correct? Did Neil stay with Joyce?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Sep 2015 06:22

Joyce appears to have married again to an Abram. She died in 2004.

Rose

Terence

Terence Report 19 Sep 2015 20:40

hi rose thank you for your reply I've only known him as Neil Derbyshire so I don't know if his name was changed or not he was only about a year old when I last saw him Neil did go back and live with Joyce I think after she and my farther split theirs more to that story but cant say on here I was told they went to live in Scotland but don't know if that is true I have been trying for quite a few years now but haven't had much look, do you know where she re-married just thinking if Scotland might be same Joyce by the way Joyce was my stepmother, she was married to some one that was known as the major and lived in camelford Cornwall

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 19 Sep 2015 20:47

Her marriage was registered in Stevenage, June quarter 1975 to Frederick S.N. Abram.

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 19 Sep 2015 20:55

A curious entry on FreeBMD for Neil's birth. I don't understand it but "Possible late entry"

Terence

Terence Report 19 Sep 2015 22:39

thank you Margee, that's the problem with my family lol all upside down think that's why I'm having so much trouble in finding things out

Terence

Terence Report 19 Sep 2015 22:52

JUST TRIED LOOKING UP MARRAGE DETAILS BUT NOTHING SHOWING UP ON BIRTH DEATHS AND MARRIAGES FOR FREDERICK S N ABRAM sorry caps locked on lol

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Sep 2015 23:13

This looks to be her birth:

Births Mar 1927
Wilkins Joyce F Wilkins Hackney 1b 651

Then she married a Frank V Jacoby who died in 1965. He looks to have been a lot older than Joyce.

She them married your father in 1967, and Neil was born the same year.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Sep 2015 23:42

Find My Past (and possible Genes) transcribed the 1975 marriage as Frederick S H Abram.
Joyce married under the surname of Derbyshire

Frederick S Abram seems to appear on the 2015 ER in Royston, Hertfordshire. Joyce F Abram disappears from that address after 2003.
PM sent with address - it may not be the correct person, so be discrete when you write.

Its worth adding that Birth, Marriages and Deaths which took place in Scotland are on a seperate index. One can find events registered prior to about 1940 on the pay-to-view site Scotlandspeople
http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/welcome.aspx

Not sure if you can search on line for later ones as things have recently changed.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 20 Sep 2015 01:14

P.M sent with possible address for Neil