Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Seeking three half sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

suan

suan Report 1 Sep 2015 17:44

I am searching for my three half sisters: two will be in their 70s and the other in her 80s. The younger two I believe I have found and traced to the married names but from there on I am stuck. The third is proving elusive; I have hit a brick wall. I am unsure quite what to put on this post so perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I could guide me further.

malyon

malyon Report 1 Sep 2015 17:58

do you know their birth names and where they were born and year

suan

suan Report 1 Sep 2015 18:13

Yes malyon, I do have that information

Rambling

Rambling Report 1 Sep 2015 19:27

Suan, if you want to PM the names rather than put them on the board I will have a look and see what I can find. If you have their married names you can try looking at
http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Default.asp to see if they are listed?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Sep 2015 20:10

Have you tried looking to see if they have children? They may be easier to find.

Use the husband's surname, the mother's maiden name and a suitable time frame.
http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Its possible to do the same on the majority of FH subscription sites

suan

suan Report 1 Sep 2015 21:04

Thank you both. I am getting help with this via personal message but thanks for your tips. I still have a long way to go so they will be very useful in the future. S :-)