Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jonathan (possibly Wilson) Putney

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Victoria

Victoria Report 9 Aug 2015 16:43

I am seeking my brother Jonathan...whom I can only assume his surname is Wilson. My father has an affair with a lady with a double barrelled first name possibly 'Ann Marie ' when we were around eight to ten years old.
My father is known as Jim but his full name is JAMES THOMSON RANKINE HALL WILSON born 06/03/1948 and was from Shepperton/Addlestone at the time Jonathan was born. It may be Jonathan has a different surname Ie his mums. I know my father shirked his responsibilities and failed to support Jonathan and his Mum.
I hope someone can help me find my brother.
He would have been born and lived in Putney around 1981-1984. This is all I know ...long shot I lnow. Please help if you know Jonathan or perhaps his mum. :-)

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Aug 2015 17:15

Welcome to the boards Victoria.

I'm afraid if your father was not on Jonathon's birth certificate and you do not know the mother's surname it will be impossible to find him - especially as Wilson is not an unusual name.

Kath. x

Ian James

Ian James Report 5 Sep 2015 17:56

Victoria
There are a few births for a Jonathon in London,various areas.

There is one for 1981 which I dictates this Jonathon was adopted.

His surname is given as Davies.

In situations like this there is a lot of guesswork and luck.

I can look up other births and see what appears, may take a day or two.

My email is [email protected]

It would be easier for me if you were happy to send me your email.

Hope to maybe help a little.

Best wishes.

Ian

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Sep 2015 19:19

Ian - please remove your email address as it is against the sites T&C.

If Victoria wishes to contact you off-board, she can click on your name to send you a private message.

If the son was adopted outside of his mother's family, then his name would have changed. In the meantime, you could find your father's birth reg on freebmd and add a Post'em with a contact email address. Use a generic one such as @gmail, @hotmail etc etc.
If the son wishes to trace his birth father's family, that's one of the places he'd look.

Do you have your father on your tree on here? Have you searched the site to see if anyone else lists him? If they aren't known to you, send a message asking for their connection.

Lastly - even if you allow your sub to GR lapse, always make sure your account is linked to the email address you use. If the son should search the internet, this thread will be picked up. He can take out a free trial and contact you via the messaging system.....clicking on your name.

malyon

malyon Report 6 Sep 2015 13:10

should remove fathers date of birth if he is still alive only put year