Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Urgent help needed to find my half sister, Jane

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lydia

Lydia Report 9 Aug 2015 10:43

I have been searching for my half sister Jane for over 30 years. Unfortunately the information I have is very little. I do not know if she was given my father's surname, all I have is her first name JANE and that her mother was known as ROSE. I believe she was born approx. 1971/72 in the Crawley, Burgess Hill or Brighton area.

She and her mother lived in the Rosehill area of Brighton at some time. Her mother married after the relationship with my father and moved to the Channel Islands so I am assuming she took Jane with her.

My father was called John Frail, see photo of him as my profile picture (I am NOT searching for him) but went by the name of Jim. He was born 1933 in Dunfermline, Scotland and lived for a while in Worcester, West Mildands, where he married a Jean Adams and had 2 children, Lydia and James before he disappeared. He would have had a strong Scottish accent. He worked for a time for a company called "CLOUGH SMITH" and was an electrician. He lived for a while at 83 London Road, Burgess Hill, Hayward’s Heath, East Sussex and may have lived with Rose and Jane there!

I have given my father's details in the hope that it will jog someones memory. There is a possibility that my father used another surname back then, so it is difficult to find a birth certificate for Jane or even if he married Rose, but I am sure he would have used his first name Jim or John. He did use the surname Read.

If this information however small, rings a bell with anyone or if you could advise me where to go to search, I would be really grateful if you could let me know? or if anyone could check to see what names are on the Burgess Hill address on the 1970s electoral register at 'The Keep', Brighton it may give me a surname to further my search as I am unable to get there due to ill health.

Kind regards
Lydia

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Aug 2015 11:37

Will send a pm with possible electoral roll information.

Kath. x