Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible Sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Valery

Valery Report 23 Jul 2015 23:59

Am looking for an older sister born roughly between 1945 and 1952? in Perthshire, Scotland.
This is very vague, my mother - jean weir [b,1929].
Circumstances????? and is possibly now living abroad?
I do not have any info and am very much clutching at straws, but if anybody out there has anything at all, I would appreciate it.
Thank you for reading this.
Valery.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Jul 2015 00:15

Welcome to the boards Valery.

Births for Scotland are on the ScotlandsPeople website. This is not a subscription site. You have to buy credits to see the images. Not sure what dates the information goes up to.

Kath. x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 24 Jul 2015 08:44

Check to see if anyone else has your mother's details in a GR tree

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Jul 2015 11:32

It wont be possible from online to even assertain a birth as there is no maiden name shown for online birth indexes on Scotlandspeople due to the 100 year closure rule. for births only by ordering can full details be seen @ a cost of £12 each.

There are for instance,

1125 surnamed Weir registered births between--1945 and 1952,

Valery

Valery Report 24 Jul 2015 13:41

Thank you girls.
This was just a long shot and if seen might jog some memories.
I will try your suggestions and keep going.
Thanks once again.
Valery.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Jul 2015 17:09

Someone has mentioned you can view the certificate details in person at Glasgow or Edinborough. It might be worth check if that is true or if there is a time limit.

If you can't visit in person, you could investigate the cost of hiring a researcher.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 24 Jul 2015 18:55

Indexes are in the Mitchell Library in Glasgow and Edinborough and extracted copies can be bought ***only*** for births up to 1913/4,,,births outside this zone a certificate still needs to be bought for full details from Register House ,and as a maiden name doesnt show or a quarter it would be difficult to know which birth was the right one....breaking down to an area shows,,,,,,1945-1952,118 births in Perth for that surname,,,,,,@ £12 per issue===would be £1416,,,,,a known first name would certainly narrow it down,

It costs £15 per day in each of the search places above.... booking is a must.