Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Edinburgh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jul 2015 21:31

Looking for twin sisters born 21.5.1943 St George's square edinburgh, surnames spittal then possibly changed to paterson, thanku

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Jul 2015 22:24

You've asked about these before

Have you taken note of the replies?

One post per topic, please.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 22 Jul 2015 22:26

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1352841

and others................

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 23 Jul 2015 14:02

Julie, to put it more clearly, if bluntly:

you have been asked before not to keep posting new threads about the same thing.

you said oops sorry, you were new to this

now you aren't new anymore

the reason is that if someone sees a new thread and has not seen one of the other threads, they will not know what research others have already done or what questions others have asked, and what answers may have been given ... and they may do the same research and ask the same questions all over again

this wastes good people's time and sometimes money

(for instance, your question mentions Scotland, and to find Scottish information people actually have to spend their own money, and some kind people here do just that)

all you have to do is click on 'My threads' over on the left of your screen and find your message about these people, and then add a new message to it so that it moves up to the top of the list in case you have new information to add or someone reading it fresh has new ideas

posting message after message is not going to find any different information

you could also do what I suggest in my 'Researching' line ... click on 'Watch this' at the top of your thread so you will get a message when anybody replies to it

please, please do not keep starting new threads

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2015 13:36

My dad was terminally Ill, I was desperate to try and find mum's sisters so dad having found his family under similar circumstances would be at peace knowing we could do the same for mum but he passed away Saturday morning aged 76. I'm no longer wanting to find my mum's family, not at the moment, we've never met them and maybe fate is telling us to leave it that way. I apologise for being a nuisance over this but haven't had much time to fill forms in,spent time mostly between work,hospital and family. Thanku for all your advice and help,hope one day they will try and find us. Good luck with all your future searching and I'll say bye bye for now.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jul 2015 17:09

Sorry for your loss Julie - sometimes fate takes a hand.

One day in the future the girls may want to research their 'roots'. They could well 'google' their birth names.

This and your other threads will come up in the search results - make sure GR always has your current email address. That way, even if you've allowed your sub to lapse, they can send you a personal message by clicking on your name.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2015 20:26

Thanku xxx xxx xxx

lavender

lavender Report 27 Jul 2015 22:14

So sorry to hear your sad news, Julie.

I hope that you find your family one day, you may feel differently in a while and be up to continuing your search.

Hearing your sadness, it was such a lovely thought to be finding your mother's sisters for your father.

Take care at this difficult time <3

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 27 Jul 2015 22:29

Your dad knew you were looking, Julie, and that did matter.

I wish I could tell my dad the things I have found about his family now, that he would have loved to know, but before he died over 12 years ago I probably could not have found them ... even now there are things he wanted to know about that I have not been able to access yet. It helps to know that he would be happy to know about it all, and it keeps good memories in my head as I look, 'for him'. Too soon for you now, but after a while you may find you feel the same, and for your mum.

It does help to explain the circumstances when you post a message ... we didn't know anything about your connection with them and although one of your posts says 'urgent' and another says 'desperate', that doesn't explain

People here really will try as hard as possible to find lost rellies in the situation you now explain, although sadly in this case it still seems it would not have been possible.

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Jul 2015 03:39

Thankyou for your kind words,my Dad managed to find one of his brothers, that was about 8 years ago,he died about 8 weeks ago to cancer,my Dad died to mds, a form of leukemia, found the whereabouts of one of their nephews a few weeks ago but not had the heart to make contact yet,his dad will be a 3rd brother but not sure if he is still alive. Will find out in weeks or months to come. Xxxx