Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

NEED HELP! Looking for JENNIFER ANN RODGERS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stacey

Stacey Report 18 Jul 2015 00:59

Does anyone have any information on my great Aunt..

Her name is/was Jennifer Ann Rodgers
Born in Sheffield 1949
Parents Marjorie May Norman & Charles Henry Rodgers
Siblings Anthony, Owen, Stuart, John Barry, Carl, Gillian, Glennis and Angela.
She married Steven Ward in 1967 and separated from him in 1978
They had a son together named Carl Stephen Ward and he was born in 1973.

I am looking on behalf of my Grandfather Anthony Rodgers who left Sheffield in 1968 and he lost contact with most of the family after his parents passed.
Jennifer left Sheffield In 1978 with her son Carl Stephen Ward and none of the family have heard from her since.
My grandfather is desperate to know that she is okay and that she has had a happy life. He hasn't stopped thinking about her. Please if anyone can help get in touch.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jul 2015 03:38

Going to send you a picture from Facebook. Let me know if you think it is your Jennifer.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jul 2015 03:42

Go to Search at the top and select Search All Member Trees.

Search for Jennifer Rodgers. There's a Jennifer who has her a tree on this site.

Edit:

Think that's the one from South Africa who was born the same year and lived in Newcastle for a bit.

Rose

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jul 2015 05:48

Have you looked to see if she remarried

How about looking for a marriage for her son too and checking on the electoral rolls

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 18 Jul 2015 08:54

As your grandfather lost touch with his family, he can't be certain that none of them has had any contact with Jennifer.

Or is he now in touch with all of the other surviving siblings?

malyon

malyon Report 18 Jul 2015 10:46

there is a carl s ward and a jennifer a ward in electrol list
sent pm with address

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 18 Jul 2015 11:06

You can find the entry Malyon was refering to on
http://www.searchelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

Put both of their names in the search boxes
Both are current as at Oct 2014 when the 2015 list was compiled

As there are a number of marriages for Carl S Ward, the entry may relate to one of those.

Stacey

Stacey Report 18 Jul 2015 12:13

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all of your help I cannot tell you how much I appreciate it.
So the Electrol role pair from Deeside is one I have already followed up and its not my Jennifer and Carl unfortunately. I am going to write the lady from south Africa although there is also a Sean Elbourne who has her in his tree and it says she was born in south Africa But who knows it's worth a shot.

I have these two leads if anyone could tell me where I could go with them.
Jennifer had a brother Stuart Rodgers born In Sheffield in 1945 to the same parents, So I ran a search to see if anyone had him in his tree and someone called Jennifer Bowles did, I have contacted her but still no reply. I also ran a search for her father Charles Rodgers born in Sheffield in 1901. I did find someone who had him in there tree as born in 1903 (although I cannot find a birth entry for 1903) When I looked the person was Jennifer Rodgers so I sent her a message and when I did the name came up as Jennifer Clark so this could be another possible lead. I cannot find a marriage entry for a Jennifer Rodgers Marrying a Clark?

To answer the question above....
My grandfather has since reconnected with the rest of his siblings and they have all said that Jennifer or Carl haven't been heard from since they left in 1978. I have been looking for her for two years to no avail. Any help at all is more than appreciated. Thank you so much!
Stacey.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Jul 2015 18:14

Any idea why she left the area and where she was going?

What about Carl's father? Did he stay in contact with his son/pay maintenance?

Rose

Stacey

Stacey Report 18 Jul 2015 18:23

All I know is that she broke up with steven and met someone else and her mother didn't approve. She left and never came back. I don't even know if she divorced steven but she hasn't been in contact with anyone in the family since 1978.

Every search keeps leading me to a dead end. The Lady Jennifer Elbourne (Nee Rodgers) Got back to me and she was born in south Africa she's not the one.

Someone told me that a Jennifer Rodgers had a tree on here and it said born in Sheffield 1949 but I cant find it?

We did have word that she spent some time in Ireland then came back and went to Leeds but that was back in the early 80's?

Stacey.