Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Rosalind Carroll 1957

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Jul 2015 20:37

Adopted in burrowash Derbyshire, please get in touch

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jul 2015 21:16

hello and welcome 'unknown'

Rosalind appears to have a tree at this website with herself in it

here is a link to make it easy for you

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/tree/results/carroll/rosalind?memberkey=0&yearofbirth=1957&yearofbirthrange=0

click on 'Find out more' to send her a message

if she has a current email address in her account she will receive a notice

you can check whether she has read your message by looking to see whether the envelope beside it in your sent messages has been opened

this is the way to find people -- look for them!

and at this website, always search trees (upper right corner of your page under 'search') for relations you are looking for

... you also have Rosalind in your tree but you didn't search I guess ...

if your message to Rosalind is not read, make sure you keep a current email address in your own account here so that if someone sees your message or finds Rosalind in your tree in future, they can contact you

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 13 Jul 2015 21:33

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

The above is the link to the adoption contact register. If Rosalind hasnt read your message within say a couple of months, add your and her name to it. If she has as well, the system is supposed to put you both in contact.

Good luck.

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Jul 2015 16:58

Thanks for your help. She hadn't read the message so far. My name is David Alsop please get in touch if you read this Rosalind.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 Jul 2015 17:04

Give her time................it's the holiday season

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Jul 2015 21:30

How do you know if a message has been read? Thanks

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jul 2015 22:19

The envelope disappears

Kay????

Kay???? Report 19 Jul 2015 22:20

Look in your messages at the top of your screen,,,,click -Sent Messages,,,,,,and view the list of those you have sent a message to,,,,if a sealed green envelope appears against the persons name means its remained un-read,,,,,,,keep checking though as it may get read but for reasons have not replied to you,,,,,,,,youe reply will show as a visable purple envelope against Messages on your screen.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jul 2015 22:21

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/635050

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 20 Jul 2015 00:08

David one thing you might do is go to

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

and add a 'postem' to her birth record there

be sure to include an email address you will always have access to (like @gmail) so if she or someone who knows her searches for her birth there, they will be able to contact you

also, someone here has in their tree a Cathleen Carroll born in 1940 but the place of birth is not given ... I wonder whether that might be Rosalind's Cathleen

Rosalind has her mother in her tree as Catherine Carroll born 1940 Derbyshire but that is likely a guess as it does not match any birth in the index

there are a couple of other trees with Catherine Carroll with that date and no birthplace specified

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jul 2015 17:29

Envelope has disappeared and she hasn't been in touch :(
Thanks for your replies, I am David's daughter by the way, he asked me to post as he can't navigate around the site well.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 22 Jul 2015 18:15

May be she needs to process the information. Give her time to compose a reply.

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Jul 2015 19:18

Thanks, of course, I really hope for my dad and for her that time helps. He is a lovely man and it would mean the world to him.