Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for siblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

stewart

stewart Report 12 Jul 2015 19:34

Sarah louise kirton born 1975 grimsby
James steven jackson born 1978 nottingham
Victoria jayne jackson born 1979 grimsby

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jul 2015 19:42

Have you looked in search members trees to see if anyone has them in their tree .

You can then try and contact the tree holder though the find out more box

Presume they were adopted so you would need to know the new names to follow them the records

stewart

stewart Report 12 Jul 2015 19:47

Done that no trees Thankyou.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Jul 2015 19:55

Have you added yourself to the National Adoption Contact Register

If they look for family and also register then your details will be passed on to them

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jul 2015 20:05

These names ring bells............

If only 'advanced search' was working we could see if someone else on here is looking for them, and you could pool your resources

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jul 2015 20:09

Put them in your tree................so that anyone looking for connections can see them

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 12 Jul 2015 21:53

it may be this by Stewart, Jacqueline

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1353050

(google found on search for 'kirton' and 'jackson' at this site)

Stewart you should keep all your queries about one family in a single thread so everyone reading has all the info and doesn't repeat questions and suggestions

in the other thread you have said

'Just looking for James s jackson born 1978'

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 12 Jul 2015 22:47

Two different membership numbers.............

The other account has been deleted - and this new one started

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 12 Jul 2015 23:56

Stewart - if you allow your account to lapse rather than delete then people can still contact you. Make sure you keep your registered email address is current.

People searching for relatives have been known to 'google' their name. That picks up threads or posts on any public site.

If James, Sarah or Victoria should do that in the future, one of those results will be this thread. As long as they take out a trial/subscribing membership, they will be able to send you a message by clicking on your name.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 13 Jul 2015 00:03

and just to add -- even if your own subscription has lapsed, you can reply to private messages you receive without having to pay again :-)

stewart

stewart Report 14 Jul 2015 09:02

Can anyone tell me wat event quarter means on births, marriages, death certificates please? Thankyou

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 Jul 2015 09:05

The qtr of the year in which the event was registered

And that info is on the INDEX..............not the certs. Certs have a precise date