Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Half sister and brother search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorna

Lorna Report 11 Jul 2015 14:19

Hi, I am new to this website but was directed to it as there may be information on here about my half sister and brother. I was born in Magherafelt Northern Ireland in 1974 and was adopted by a Scottish couple who moved back to Scotland not long after they were given me. I have always known I was adopted but din't know much about my birth family. I have just returned from Belfast where I did a search at the General Records Office. I found out that I have an older half brother Martin Cassidy - he was born in 1969 and adopted. I also have a half sister Stephanie Patricia Cassidy born in 1971.
I just hope that this website will help me. I do know a fair bit about my birth mother and that she married and had another daughter.

Any help is gratefully appreciated.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Jul 2015 14:26

The way the website will help is if you to use it to investigate

They will be on here is if they are in someone's tree.

And Stephanie appears to have a tree on here...........so try to get in touch.

Look to the top.......................click on 'search'

From the dropdown, select 'search all member trees'..............put in her name, and click search

Click on 'find out more' against her name as tree 'owner' and send a carefully-worded message to her.

Good luck

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 11 Jul 2015 14:27

Do exactly the same for Martin...........