Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Farncombe Family Relatives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

susan

susan Report 8 Jul 2015 16:05

Hi I am in the process of searching for relatives pertaining to my mum, they are, Judith anne Farncombe (married Albert W Grove in Maidstone in 1920) Born 1935
Michael A Farncombe Born 1929.( Formally Thomson!!)
Derek S Farncombe born 1931.
They were all born to Audrie V Lamonde(maiden name) Born 1902.
I can not find death records for the them so presuming they may still be alive.
If anyone can help me in my search i would be very grateful.
Thank you Sue

:-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 16:33

so there were two marriages??

First name(s) AUDRIE
Last name LA MONDE
Marriage quarter 1
Marriage year 1919
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ AUDRIE LA MONDE married
EDWARD G THOMSON
Spouse's last name THOMSON
District ST. GEORGE HANOVER SQUARE
District number -
County London
Country England
Volume 1A
Page 1014

births
Births Sep 1929
Farncombe Michael A La Monde Steyning 2b 388
Farncombe Michael A La Monde Steyning 2b See S 31
Thomson Michael A La Monde Steyning 2b 388

Births Jun 1931
Farncombe Derek S La Monde Steyning 2b

Births Sep 1931
Farncombe Derek S La Monde Steyning 2b 363
Farncombe Michael A La Monde Steyning 2b 362

so she did remarry and changed the childrens names over maybe because mr Thompson wasn't their father

Marriages Jun 1931
Thomson Audrie V G Farncombe Steyning 2b 750
Farncombe Thomas S Thomson Steyning 2b 750

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 16:39

looks like Michael married in 1952 Florence E Hatfield or Hope Brighton reg district

theres no death records coming up for either of them . they could still be alive or passed after c2006

no electoral roll address eiher

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 16:48

have you found Audrie,s death as not seeing it

maybe one of the family was the informant

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 16:51

There seems to be a Valerie Farncombe too born 1943 mmn La monde

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 16:58

is this her hubby?
First name(s) THOMAS SAXBY
Last name FARNCOMBE
Gender Male
Birth day 31
Birth month 8
Birth year 1908
Age -
Death quarter 1
Death year 1985
District BRIGHTON
Register number 185
County Sussex
Volume 18
Page 30
Country England

susan

susan Report 8 Jul 2015 18:07

Hi audrie lamonde also jayne, married thomson, may have one son by him who is michael, went on to marry farncombe hence name change!! and had derek and judith she left farncombe and went on to have my mother valerie violet in 1943, who is also registered as read being the father but he wasnt!! one family and 2 names audrie v jayne and violet audrie lamonde, same person, she lied in her first marriage to thomson as she was born 1902 so was 16/17 when first married, thomson died and farncombe died in august 1985. what a pickle :-S

susan

susan Report 8 Jul 2015 18:24

michael a farncombe lived at the family home of thomas saxby farncombe as he is on the electoral roll at eaton place brighton till 2006 with a clare m kemsley!! someone else to find!! :-S

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 8 Jul 2015 18:38

well the electoral roll does show him with Clare Kemsley in 2006 but wasn't sure it was the same Michael you are looking for

susan

susan Report 8 Jul 2015 20:20

I got the address from my nans address book that my mum has and wrote all relevant names and addresses down from it before starting my searches, So it was the family home of thomas saxby farncombe, my nan and he were never divorced as i have a letter from the registry at somerset house where my nan had asked if there was a decree absolute for their marriage and they found that there wasnt. so michael had or has been living there for many years. how do you trace death records up to date? i thought i would have found one of the three somewhere along the way? :-(

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jul 2015 20:31

First name(s) Violet Audrey
Last name Jayne
Relationship Daughter
Sex Female
Occupation School
Age 8
Birth year 1903
Birth place Sussex Brighton
Address 23 Shaftesbury Road Brighton
Parish Preston
County Sussex
Country England
Archive reference RG14
Registration district Steyning
Registration district number 80
Enumeration district 14
District number -
Sub district Preston
Sub district number 1
Census reference RG14PN5166 RG78PN228 RD80 SD1 ED14 SN134
Piece number 5166

her in 1911 census,?,,,,,,,,, if so where did she get the La/Le monde surname from.

susan

susan Report 8 Jul 2015 21:31

i dont know to be honest, all the certificates i have, be it marriage or births she is a lamonde, in maiden name, her father is a Lamonde(william) a Railway Carriage trimmer, as detailed in the marriage certs, her brother william who resided in Littlehampton in Sussex is a Jayne, the 2 trees i have got from 1901 and 1911 censuses show the two families are the same, except that in 1911 there are more children my nan Audrie being one of them born 1902, i have sent off for her birth cert and maybe that will confirm a few things but who knows, her name is Audrie Violet, names twisted dates slightly out but they are all the same people. Perhaps they went into witness protection? :-S

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jul 2015 21:51

William
Last name Jayne
Relationship Head
Marital status Married
Gender Male
Age 28
Birth year 1873
Occupation Railway Carriage Trimmer
Birth town Buckholt
Birth town as transcribed BUCKHOLT
Birth county Monmouthshire
Birth county as transcribed MONMOUTHSHIRE
Birth place Wales
Birth place other as transcribed -
Other household member first name(s) WILLIAM, BESSIE, BENNIE, MARTHA
Other household member last name JAYNE
Street Bread Street
Town -
Parish Brighton
City -
Country England
County Sussex
Municipal ward St Nicholas
Registration district Brighton
Archive reference RG13
Piece number 930
Folio 131
Page 29
Record set 1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census
Category Census, land & surveys
Subcategory Census
Collections from Great Britain
(c) brightsolid online publishing ltd

Report an error in this transcription

Print transcription View.

This is William Jayne in 1901,,,

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jul 2015 21:58

This is the whole family in 1911 census,as you see 1901 and 1911 are the same man,,Jayne is the used surname.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Sex Occupation Age Birth year Birth place
William Jayne Head Married Male Leather Hand 38 1873 Monmouth Transcription
Besse Jayne Wife Married Female - 34 1877 Goleford Gloucestershire Transcription
Frederick Robert Jayne Son Single Male Blacksmith Boy 16 1895 Monmouth Transcription
Violet Audrey Jayne Daughter - Female School 8 1903 Sussex Brighton Transcription
Dorris May Jayne Daughter - Female School 6 1905 Sussex Brighton Transcription
William John Jayne Son - Male School 5 1906 Sussex Brighton Transcription
Arthur Hemry Jayne Son - Male - 2 1909 Sussex Brighton Transcription
George Albert Jayne Son - Male - 0 1911 Sussex Brighton

She is Violet Audrey Jayne registered in births,

This appears to be William Jayne death registration age is almost spot on with census.

Deaths Mar 1953 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JAYNE William 81 Brighton 5h 143

so no change of surname there.
-----------------------------------------------------

Marriages Jun 1896 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crockett Alfred Monmouth 11a 81
***Jayne William Monmouth 11a 81
Parker Ann Monmouth 11a 81
****ROBERTS Bessie Monmouth 11a 81

marriage of her parents,

Perhaps she just wanted to impress and used LaMonde to sound posh.?
:-D

She didnt marry in Scotland as Jayne or La/LeMonde,

Kay????

Kay???? Report 8 Jul 2015 23:18

HI Susan,

Click on the clink and have a read of about half way down,,,,re Michael Farncombe has an interesting also Judith has left a comment,,,,,,!.

entry.www.mybrightonandhove.org.uk/page_id__6090.aspx

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Jul 2015 06:12

Online death records only go to 2006 There are a few being listed which have been picked up by obits in the papers but these are not on the gro site

If you did find one of the obits I guess you could get a cert from the local records office

susan

susan Report 9 Jul 2015 07:25

Hi Kay
You are an absolute Marvel, in my possession i have a southdown bus pass from 1943, owned by my nan as being the wife of a busdriver or employee and indicating she has 3 children, but my mum didnt arrive til june 43 after the pass was issued, i have sent a message via the comments page and hopefully i will hear back soon. Thank you so much for your time and effort and hopefully the mystery of the name change will become evident, i just hope michael is still around as is derek.
Kindest Regards and sooo much thanks
Sue :-D

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 Jul 2015 08:27

Someone has Violet Jayne born Brighton 1903 in their tree on here,,,,,,could be worth seeking contact ,hopefully their email address hasnt changed or they wont be alerted they have a contact from you,

The google pickup of Derek Farncombe in Scotland isnt your one..

Bessie Jayne also appears to have died in 1953 Brighton.

Judith

Judith Report 24 Nov 2016 03:59

I am Judith Anne Farncombe. My father was Thomas Saxby Farncombe, my brothers Derek and Michael, both now deceased. I have been living in Australia since 1962. Would love to hear from anyone who is looking for remains of Farncombe family. :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Nov 2016 13:03

Welcome to GR and the Boards, Judith.

Try contacting Susan through this site, by clicking on her name. As long as she still uses the same email address, she'll be notified that you are trying to contact her. She started this thread in 2015 and probably isn't checking for replies anymore.

The best way to find other people with a similar research interest as you, is to use the Search All Member Trees function - top right under Search.

Look fo the names of relatives that you know. If they occur in other peoples trees, use the 'find out more' button to send them a message.

There are quite a number of dormant accounts held on this site. You can always tell if a message has been accessed by looking in your 'Sent Message' box. Unopen ones have an envelope icon next to them.