Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mc Quaid Co Tyrone / Bristol

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Loughran

Loughran Report 5 Jul 2015 14:54

Researching my family tree , would love to make contact with cousins I have never met , Michael , John and Helen Mc Quaid , from the Bristol area , born late 1950 / 1960s their parents were Nora and James Mc Quaid , both deceased ,
Thank you
Marie

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jul 2015 16:06

Their births should be on freebmd

Look for them so that you have accurate birth year info

Check search trees on here

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jul 2015 16:09

Helen A

John D

Michael J

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jul 2015 16:13

First name(s) JAMES J
Last name MCQUAID
Marriage quarter 4
Marriage year 1954
JAMES J MCQUAID married NORA M CROWLEY
District BRISTOL
District number -
County Gloucestershire
Country England
Volume 7B
Page 313

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jul 2015 16:16

Nora must have died very recently

She is on the ER on FMP with Michael

Loughran

Loughran Report 5 Jul 2015 22:58

Jacqueline
Thank you for the information , I just signed up to Genes Reunited today so am only getting familiar with the process ! any help and guidance is very much appreciated
Marie :-)http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1353120#

Loughran

Loughran Report 5 Jul 2015 23:00

Hello again
Sorry to be such a nuisance but I do not know what the letters ER or FMP refer to ?
Thanks

Kay????

Kay???? Report 5 Jul 2015 23:50

Hi Loughran,

ER--refers to Electoral listing ie,,addresses of people ,,,,this site hold records of them,but are viewable by bought credits,

It can be found on this site by clicking on the Search top right.

FMP,,refers to another site Find My Past where a variety of records can be searched and viewed again by bought credits or a full subscription,,,,but lots of us members have a subcription to that site so the electoral comes as part of the subs,,,,,,,and are happy to assist......

In 2004 people had the option of not having their details sold on because of increased junk mail so dont appear on up to date public listing but could still be at that same address in 2014 as they were in 2002.

You should have a purple envelope showing by your Messages top of the screen,,,,,,click to read its contents,,,referd to as a PM,