Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ian crawford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

robert

robert Report 3 Jul 2015 22:59

trying to locate Ian Crawford who had children to margaret rose jenner - childrens names are Stephanie and Samoyra . margaret jenner migrated to Australia in 1963 with her children - then aged 4 and 2. any information appreciated as Samoyra is trying to locate her dad. Also we believe Ian may have a son, Duncan.

kind regards Bob Findlay.

patchem

patchem Report 3 Jul 2015 23:20

Do you have an approximate date of birth for him?

Was Ian married to Duncan's Mother, and when and where do you think Duncan was born?

robert

robert Report 4 Jul 2015 08:00

no, as far as we know margaret rose jenner was not married to Ian crawford but at least fathered Samoyra shane jenner. samoyra's mother is alive but refuses to disclose anything about Samoyra's father apart from saying he is dead, and thats that. Not sure, we are only assuming on some details about Duncan - we think he may have been born prior to 1961. We also have been told that the Ian Crawford is part of the bisciut crawfords. They used to live in the Sussex area.

regards bob Findlay

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jul 2015 09:00

Samoyra's birth is reg in the Brighton reg district. Is the address on the BC her mothers normal place of residence?
Was she working when she became pregnant? If so, where?

Although there are exceptions, most relationships are formed with people met either at work or local to the home address. If we can pin those down, it may increase the possibility of identifying the father.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jul 2015 09:35

If, and only if, Ian was born in the Brighton reg district, there is an Ian T Crawford reg in 1939. Would the yob be appropriate, or could he have been older?

Was Margaret born in Gloucester in 1942? She seems to have siblings - have you been in contact with them?

robert

robert Report 4 Jul 2015 10:44

thank you for your replies. Margaret Rose Jenner's last address we are led to believe was 4 portslade by sea, sussex BN4IXE. How Samoyra can remember this we are not sure. The yob could be correct as that is the same year that margaret was born. Is this Ian Crawford still living? We believe that Margaret worked in a picture heather or cinema. She did mention this at one time and apparently was a good ice skater.

regards Bob Findlay.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jul 2015 11:07

OK - rule out the 1942 birth for Margaret. Have you found her birth reg on Freebmd or any other site? http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl
If she has siblings, they may have information. There's a possible birth for Margaret R in 1938 in Battle Reg.

Has Samoyra been told her grandparent's names? If we can track down a marriage, then we might be abe to find siblings.The 1938 birth reg suggests the following parents marriage

Marriages Dec 1937 (>99%)
Jenner George Link Battle 2b 172
Link Margaret E Jenner Battle 2b 172

Sometimes we have to go backwards or sideways to go forwards.

Friendsreunited has a work place and street section - there is an off-chance that someone will remember her.

Samoyra ought to have a copy of her BC - if its been lost she can order a replacement from http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/ @£9.25 inc world wide P&P. Major credit and debit cards accepted - its a government site, not a commercial rip-off one.

There are an awful lot of Ian T Crawford in the UK, and no guarentee that he remained in Sussex. :-(

If nothing else, seach all members trees for an Ian Crawford in the correct age group, ignoring place of birth. If there are any listings, send the tree owner a message. On the off-chance that the tree owner is a close relative, just phrase it along the lines of did he used to live in Brighton as an old friend is trying to make contact.

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jul 2015 14:26

The Crawford biscuit family appear to have been originally from Scotland..

http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic7114.html

Also connections to Liverpool:

http://www.liverpoolpicturebook.com/2013/03/william-crawford-sons.html

robert

robert Report 4 Jul 2015 23:12

Apparently on George's side - (George Jenner) (Samoyra's grandfather) there is still two living relatives one is Edward born in 1921 and the other is Robert Cecil born in 1929- They come from the Jenner family of "Rolvenden Layne" not sure what the significance of this address would be?
George was born in 1911.
Samoyra has a copy of her birth certificate, but father is marked as "unknown" born at Brighton West on 16/10/61.
Don't think her sibling Stephanie has the same father? she is also registered as father unknown.
Appear to hit brick walls from this point on when trying to track anything down. Thanks

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 5 Jul 2015 02:46

there are quite a lot of Crawfords in the Brighton area down the years, but there is only one Ian and he is an Ian T Crawford born 1939 so that would make him a similar age to Margaret. Had a quick look but car'nt find a death for him so far

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2015 04:17

The Ian born in 1939 is living in the US. He's also on Facebook but I'm not sure that would be the best way to contact him given the circumstances.

I have located his email address if you are interested.

Rose

robert

robert Report 5 Jul 2015 04:47

that would be great thank you Rose.

robert

robert Report 5 Jul 2015 04:51

hi Rose,

what does the "reseaching " ( I am not related to you or your husbands first wife )

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jul 2015 09:36

When members try to help people unused to the Board system, they sometimes assume we are related. All we've done is look at available on line records.
Rose has used her Researching box to try to persuade them we arent :-D

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2015 10:14

Have messaged Bob.

My researching box is like that because I had someone swear I had to be her husband's ex as I knew so much about his family. She simply didn't believe me and wouldn't take no for an answer.

Rose

robert

robert Report 5 Jul 2015 11:17

thanks Rose - by chance do you have that Ian Crawfords email address in Us, please.
regards Bob

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 Jul 2015 18:20

Bob,

I sent you a private message with that information. You need to read that.

Rose

robert

robert Report 8 Jul 2015 23:20

Apparently I inadvertently added an email address that I shouldn't have done - my apologies. Margaret Rose Jenner worked at the Odeon Theatre, West St, around 1959/61, maybe that will throw some light on trying to contact Ian Crawford.

regards Bob Findlay

robert

robert Report 10 Jul 2015 21:45

Rose & detectives,

have been in touch with the Ian Crawford b.1939 living in the US and he assures me he is not the father. If anybody out there can assist me further then their help will be appreciated.

kind regards Bob Findlay.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jul 2015 21:47

That's a shame, but good of him to reply so quickly.

Back to the drawing board..............