Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for my birth father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lisa

lisa Report 26 Jun 2015 05:55

My partner was adopted in Winchester in 1971 he found his birth mother a few yrs ago but he hasn't any information on his birth father birth mothers name was Jane Anne north lived in Winchester at time of his birth she was 18 when he was adopted

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Jun 2015 06:10

Didn't his mum give him some details of his dad

With no name to go on with then no one can try and help I,m afraid

The dad is very unlikely to just pop up and say it's me.

Has he got his adoption file ? He is entitled to have it and it may give some info on the father's name if it was given as part of the information at the time

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jun 2015 09:49

I do think it's unfair - at best - to identify the birth mother so clearly on this insecure site.

lisa

lisa Report 26 Jun 2015 21:36

Hi Shirley his birth mother won't talk about birth father she's messaged him 2 times since finding her and his half brother and sister and revealed nothing only that it's upsetting to her , Jacqueline I wouldn't need to.mention birth mum name if she gave details 're fathers name I've put her name hoping somebody may know her from 1971 or even my hubs father may see and rem her and to be honest he has a right no.know where his roots are he didn't ask to be born and given up

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jun 2015 22:05

You can't know the circumstances under which the poor girl became pregnant.............and why she was obliged to give up her child, so a bit of compassion wouldn't go amiss.

The boy who made her pregnant may not even have been aware of it................

I do understand your 'partner's' wish to find his roots....................but there are other aspects to consider as well.

You didn't answer the question about whether he has his adoption file.................

lisa

lisa Report 27 Jun 2015 07:03

We don't know the circumstances surrounding his birth regarding compassion he has that as you say we don't know circumstances but the least she would reply to him instead of blanking him as there's no communication from her he hasn't looked at adoption papers where do we get those from

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jun 2015 10:31

Contact the Social Services who arranged the adoption

There are links on the following page
http://www.adoptionsearchreunion.org.uk/search/righttosearch/accessrecords.htm

It probably would be best to see what is recorded before asking his birth mother again for info. For all we know, his conception wasn't one of mutual passion, but during an act of assault. :-0