Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Freddy Wade

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penelope

Penelope Report 19 Jun 2015 20:30

I am looking for my cousin Freddy Wade he was born in Attercliffe, Sheffield in 1948

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 19 Jun 2015 21:02

Is his full name Alfred or Fredrick or something similar because I have nothing coming up with Freddy. But the closest I have is Fredrick D Wade who was born in the 4th quarter of 1946. Born in Sheffield

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jun 2015 23:05

As he is your cousin, you must know the names of his parents........what are they?

Have you done anything about trying to locate him?

Search trees is the place to look for connections on here, but you obviously need to know correct name and correct birth year

When - and where - did you last have contact with him?

Penelope

Penelope Report 20 Jun 2015 10:44

Frederick Wade definitely born 1948 in Sheffield, mother Mary Elizabeth Grayson born 1907 married to George Wade 1942. Last heard of him in the 1970's.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jun 2015 12:38

The only Frederick Wade (middle initial D) and mothers maiden name Grayson is the one Jacqueline (edit Jennifer) found. Sheffield reg in the months of Oct, Nov or Dec 1946.

He had an older brother James H b1942. Are you in contact with him?

Was Frederick married when you were last in contact? Would that have been in Sheffield?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Jun 2015 13:56

The 1946 birth already given is definitely the only one possible if his mother's maiden name was Grayson.

Kath. x

Penelope

Penelope Report 20 Jun 2015 14:24

Frederick Wade definitely an only child. Did James not survive? I was brought up with Freddy and I never heard about a "James"'
He was not married as far as I know, I moved away in 1966. I just heard he had a "fight" with his parents and left home.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Jun 2015 14:42

The James Wade birth in 1942 was in Kettering..........hardly likely to be related

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Jun 2015 14:44

Frederick's parents

Marriages Jun 1942 (>99%)

Grayson Mary E Wade Sheffield 9c
Wade George H Grayson Sheffield 9c 1367

When did they die?

Did their son attend their funerals? Or was he not able to be contacted?

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 20 Jun 2015 14:47

Although the birth of James H. Wade in 1942 was in Kettering, I think the most likely parents for him would be from this marriage so not connected to Frederick:-

First name(s) JAMES H
Last name WADE
Marriage quarter 2
Marriage year 1939
Registration month -
MarriageFinderâ„¢ JAMES H WADE married
FRANCES I GRAYSON
Spouse's last name GRAYSON
District DURHAM NORTHERN
District number -
County Durham
Country England
Volume 10A
Page 1271

Kath. x

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Jun 2015 15:01

First name(s) MARY ELIZABETH
Last name WADE
Gender Female
Birth day 3
Birth month 4
Birth year 1907
Age -
Death quarter 1
Death year 1982
District SHEFFIELD
County Yorkshire
Volume 3
Page 1962

????

First name(s) GEORGE HENRY
Last name WADE
Gender Male
Birth day 9
Birth month 8
Birth year 1911
Age -
Death quarter 2
Death year 1989
District SHEFFIELD
Register number 589
County Yorkshire
Volume 3
Page 1263

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 20 Jun 2015 15:04

There are three potential marriages for him............you'd have to get copy certs to find out if any of them was actually him

BTW............he was DEFINITELY born in 1946.............

Penelope

Penelope Report 28 Jun 2015 16:39

Thank you for all the information I have received, I am 98% sure that I have found him and have written. :-)