Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for my uncle's David White and Kevin White

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 18 Jun 2015 12:20

I am looking for my dad's half brothers, there mother's name is believed to be Jackie White and my grandfather was called Lazerous Jerome 'joe' Browne. My uncle's was born in the late 1960's and they are mixed raced. I have done some searches and I'm not 100% sure I have found the right individual's because my dad can't 100% remember there names, but they were born in high Wycombe and I think there names are David Jerome white born between Oct-Dec 1968 and Kevin George white born between Jan-March 1966.

If anyone can help, I would be most grateful.

Jennifer :-D

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Jun 2015 12:39

David jerome was reg in the first qtr 1968
Kevin George was reg in the last qtr of 1966

So the other way around to your posting

patchem

patchem Report 19 Jun 2015 07:04

Welcome to the boards, Jennifer.

Have you put your uncles, their Mother, and your Grandfather in your tree on here, so people can contact you if they come looking?

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 19 Jun 2015 12:07

@ patchem.. My grandfather is on my tree, but my uncle's are not because I am not 100% sure of their details, but I would add them still, thanks for the help.@ Shirley thanks for the correction.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jun 2015 19:25

Their 'race' is irrelevant........and should not be included in the info you give in trying to trace them, and should be removed also from your 'Researching' blurb.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jun 2015 19:27

Beware when searching

There are two David Jerome Whites............one was born in 1966 (not yours)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 19 Jun 2015 19:29

You can't even get a copy cert to find out mother's correct name...................too recent without all the details, which, if you had them, would mean no cert was needed.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 19 Jun 2015 20:23

The reason why he's race is there because his name is so common it can help narrow down the search especially if he or a family member is looking for us, otherwise it would be a needle in a haystack. My father is not 100% sure that his middle name is Jerome his memory is sketchy.

Thanks for the advice about the birth certificate, hopefully I'll find my grandfather's name on the certificate. Then I'll know I have the right man.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 20 Jun 2015 23:44

I have seen on other posts that people have found names parental information of the people they are looking for and I was wondering how do you do that. Because I want to try it to see If I have the right details for my uncle's.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 22 Jun 2015 00:16

I agree Jennifer, you are looking for the actual people and not just a bunch of registration information, so their 'race' is relevant ... it is highly, highly unlikely to happen, but someone among their family or friends might see your post some day and that piece of info would tell them these are the same people.

What jacqueline was saying is that you can only order a birth certificate for a person born in the last 50 years if you already know specific details like their exact date of birth and their parents' full names (this is so that people don't get someone else's birth certificate to use as false identification)

so you are stuck because that is the information you want to check against birth certificates

try using this site

http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/

enter David's name with middle initial, for example, and High Wycombe as the town

there are two results, which may well be the same person in two different years

if the one showing an age dated from this year it would be the correct age

as you say the name is very common but there would be no harm in trying.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 22 Jun 2015 09:26

Joonie thank you for the advice, i'll give the electoral register a go.