Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Carey 1942 Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Thomas

Thomas Report 5 Jun 2015 22:07

Hi,
We are trying to trace Michael Carey from Moate, Westmeath, Ireland.
Michael lived in Moate mostly, but he was born in Kilkenny in 1942 and lived there for his first 3 or 4 years.

His parents were Josephine Ryan and John Carey.

Michael spent a while in the Irish Army, but since the early 1960's he has never been seen nor heard of.
He may be in any part of the world now.

Any leads as to his whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 5 Jun 2015 22:14

What have you done so far to try to find him?

Are you related?

Do you have his parents in your tree on here?

malyon

malyon Report 5 Jun 2015 23:04

Michael Carey
New York, New York Passenger and Crew Lists, 1909
Name: Michael Carey
Event Type: Immigration
Event Date: 1956
Event Place: New York City, New York, United States
Birthplace: Ireland
Ship Name: Scythia

malyon

malyon Report 5 Jun 2015 23:19

Michael Carey
Ireland Civil Registration Indexes
Name: Michael Carey
Event Type: Birth
Event Date: Apr - Jun 1942
Event Place: Kilkenny, Ireland
Registration Quarter and Year: Apr - Jun 1942
Registration District: Kilkenny
Mother's Maiden Name: Ryan
Volume Number: 3
Page Number: 343

Thomas

Thomas Report 6 Jun 2015 12:05

His sister was informally fostered to and brought up in our home following their young mum's death, so Michael is not on my tree on this site.
I am searching on behalf of his sister who would dearly love to know what became of him.
I suppose I am hoping someone using this site may know something of him, or even be related to him in some way, slim I know.
Thanks for your reply.

Thomas

Thomas Report 6 Jun 2015 12:07

Your second record in your post is the correct one.
Thanks again.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 6 Jun 2015 19:57

Yvonne if he was born in 1942 and was last seen in the early 60s he simply was not likely travelling to the US in 1954 and 1956 (familysearch has the two passenger records) and there is just not a lot of point in cluttering up threads with obviously unrelated information

Thomas you are right there is no harm done by posting a message in the hope someone will see it if they search (although his name is so common)

be sure to keep a current email address in your account at this thread so if someone sends you a message you will receive a notice (you can reply to messages received even if you no longer subscribe)

and also click 'Watch This' at the top so if someone posts a reply you receive a notice

a permanent online email account like at Gmail is a good way of keeping on top of account registration info like at this site

also his sister can easily open a free account here and put up a tree with her name and her parents' names in it, so anyone searching will find her here

Thomas

Thomas Report 7 Jun 2015 00:19

Thank you for your advice, I am a subscriber of many years, and I do have a gmail linked to this account, and I have the 'watch' notice activated.
I have my main tree on ancestry, and a lesser one on this site.

Thomas

Thomas Report 7 Jun 2015 00:25

I will put up a tree for her, she is elderly and not a computer user, her parents' birth dates are both unknown to her and us, but am working on finding those.