Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unknown sibling

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 3 Jun 2015 12:38

Hi everyone,
This is a long shot to say the least. My father did his National Service in Germany 1946 - 1949 . He was based in Paderborn and Berlin. He fell in love with a German girl and she had his child. My father never spoke of the child but we had many a private conversation about the mother. My father passed away in 2005 his name was Harold Henry from Yorkshire.If there is anyone out there that can help me find my sibling I would be so happy. The child would have been born around 1949/50.
Thank you

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Jun 2015 16:12

Unless you know the mother's name, and the location of the birth...............I doubt you have any chance.

Did your father pay maintenance?

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 6 Jun 2015 10:42

I think it would be Paderborn, Due to family issues my Dad didn't see or pay towards the child as far as I am aware. I do know the mother brought him to visit my Grandparents in Keighley around 1950. I was just hoping that he might be looking for my Dad and be searching the websites.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 6 Jun 2015 11:43

Look for your father's name in search trees, to see whether anyone else is researching him

Gee

Gee Report 6 Jun 2015 12:53

You could try getting a copy of your dads service records

https://www.gov.uk/get-copy-military-service-records/apply-for-someone-elses-records

Not sure if they have 'National Service' records but you could ask. If they have a copy, it may or may not give you a clue to your half sibling?