Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I am looking for

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shaun

Shaun Report 14 May 2015 11:44

Good morning everyone

I need help please looking for a half brother, Adam Doyle.

more details via pm if able to help
Can anyone help please?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 May 2015 11:46

Have you tried looking in search trees?

Do you think it would be better to remove some of the personal details about these people?

Shaun

Shaun Report 14 May 2015 11:53

Thanks Jacqueline ,
Good suggestion about the editing. "Done"

I've look in trees, but not come up with much at all. Especially as I know virtually nothing about my half brother or his mother.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2015 12:21

You already have another thread on General board with responses

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/general_chat/thread/1351962

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 May 2015 12:21

Thanks, Shaun.

Your father obviously acknowledged Adam, as per the birth registration.

Unfortunately there was another birth for the same name a year earlier in the same location, so it may be tricky to differentiate between the two

There isn't a marriage for the name Adam Lee Doyle on FMP

Would it be feasible to ask your father for more info about Linda? Even her year of birth would be a step forward

Or are you not in contact with him.............

Gritty

Gritty Report 14 May 2015 13:25

Have also put this on your other post:

If Linda never married your Dad, but she gave their son his surname, it would be registered in the indexes in her name as well- but I don't see it (Maybe it's just me missing it).

I hope that makes sense- for example, my son has my partner's surname, but in the indexes my son is registered twice- once in my partner's name and again in my name.

Are you sure Linda didn't marry your Dad? There is a possible marriage in 1977 if your father's name is Brian.

If you know for sure that your father never married Linda, are you certain of Linda's surname, Adam's age and that he was registered with Doyle surname?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 14 May 2015 14:40

It would be a good idea to delete your other thread, not least because of the intrusive nature of the info you have posted

Also, ONE post per topic is the site rule