Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Marilyn West.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendi

Wendi Report 4 May 2015 21:21

Hello everyone, Im back on here after 3 years away. I am trying to find my dads half sister. My dad was born to Nellie Catford in 1938 out of wedlock. she had no choice but to give him up. Nellie married a William Todd in 1940. they had a daughter marilyn Todd, who I believe married John West in 1968. They had 2 sons, Alan in 1970 and Iain in 1971. My dad is getting old and would love to find his half sister befor its too late, can anyone help us please.
Many thanks,
Wendy

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2015 21:43

Middle initials will help, Marilyn A and John H

Rambling

Rambling Report 4 May 2015 21:46

PM sent for privacy.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 5 May 2015 00:09

Are you sure about the names of her sons? The ones you list were born in Lancashire and there are West/Todd births in the area where Marilyn was born and married.

Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 5 May 2015 09:09

Just for ref Wendi has PMd back and will look into it more today, I've suggested that Wendi have a look at the Marilyn Wests listed on freeelectoral roll, and possibly check a cert for info, based on the premise that the two sons mentioned are correct.

I think Rose is probably on to something though with at least one birth closer to the marriage location? :-)

Wendi

Wendi Report 5 May 2015 09:34

Not sure, I had a couple of hours b4 I went to work so not 100% sure now? :-S

Wendi

Wendi Report 7 May 2015 21:15

ok, have a headache now, I have Nellies marraige cert to William George Todd, 2nd March 1940. this is 100% right.
I have been on the Elecrorol roll sight & have lots of possible numbers & addresses.
I had a possible address for Marilyn in Ipswich, but no number listed, so searched for John H West and came up with 6 in that area, phoned them all. Lovely people that couldnt help but wished me luck.
also a number in Cornwall for Marilyn, but unfortunatly not the Marilyn I'm looking for.
So the search continues,
Next step is to order som certificates to cross check things.
So frutrated fight now .......oh & my hubby says he misses me lol.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2015 09:15

How old were Nellie and William when they married

What were the fathers names ?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2015 09:16

???

First name(s) NELLIE
Last name CATFORD
Birth year 1914
Birth quarter 1
Registration month -
Mother's last name PARR
District LAMBETH
County London
Country England
Volume 1D
Page 582
Record set England & Wales births 1837-2006
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Subcategory Births & baptisms
Collections from Great Britain
© brightsolid online publishing ltd

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 May 2015 09:27

There is a Marilyn aged 65 plus in Telford shropshire with an Alan West and an other

Have you checked that one ?

Wendi

Wendi Report 10 May 2015 10:29

Nellie & William married 2-3-1940in Southwark. I have a marriage cert. Nellie father was Robert John Catford, Williams father was Joseph Albert Todd. That's the correct details for Nellie birth. Thanks for any help, I went to see my dad yesterday & was going to ring the M West's I have on my list, it all got a bit too much for him so I can only try to find paper details for now, ready for if/when he does feel strong enough to make the step of contact. I must respect his wishes even though I would love to make the calls right now.