Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ricky Fletcher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jamie

Jamie Report 23 Apr 2015 10:51

Hi. I'm trying to track down my wife's father who is known as Ricky Fletcher. He was last known in Trowbridge, Wiltshire in the late 70's and would be in his late 50's. A bit of a hippy we think and at the moment thtas all we know! He has 4 grandchildren here at least and would love to let him know! First attempt and don't really know where to start! Thanks

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 23 Apr 2015 11:35

Well the first stop may be to find his real name was it Ricky. Richard etc . Did he have siblings ? Who were his parents ? Is he on your wife's birth cert etc etc

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Apr 2015 12:31

Start by finding out his correct first name, and the year of his birth

Was he married to your wife's mother?

Or was Trowbridge in the 70's when she met him?

Jamie

Jamie Report 23 Apr 2015 12:52

No they were not married and he left as he wanted a boy! ( that's what we are told) trying to find out his date of birth but really have no information other than that!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Apr 2015 12:57

Without more specific info, your task is likely to be very difficult

Was your wife's mother aware of anything else about him, other than his name.

Did she ever meet his parents......or siblings?

Jamie

Jamie Report 23 Apr 2015 15:04

Need to do some more digging. Wife doesn't talk to mother!

Jamie

Jamie Report 24 Apr 2015 17:36

Only know that he's in his late 50's early 60's don't even know if he's from Wiltshire! Any ideas on where to start?!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Apr 2015 18:36

If you have an address or occupation for him in Wiltshire at that time, you might find workplace collegues on an internet site.

An address might help if he was on electoral lists, because that could be checked ( in a main library or archive local to the address) and this might give his correct full name and show who else lived there too, - possibly family ?

Jamie

Jamie Report 24 Apr 2015 18:44

Thanks. Is electoral roll easy to check from around the late 70's? I've a feeling he was a bit of a wanderer though!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Apr 2015 21:07

E.R s are not logged by surname, but by areas.

ie. a town would be split into 'wards'... as for voting. eg. North Ward, Central Ward etc. then within each Ward the streets are listed alphabetically.

So not easy without an address or at least a very good idea of area.

I wonder if he's still in the area.
Some towns have a local paper where you could post a message asking if anyone knows his whereabouts.
If you go down that route, keep your message brief and don't mention his child at first, as she may be unknown to later family.
That discussion could come once you'd established contact.

Good luck.