Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Shianne Harper - born Goldsmith.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PollyW

PollyW Report 9 Apr 2015 22:39

I am looking for Shianne Harper who was born Shianne Goldsmith. I believe she was adopted. She was born in 1974 or there abouts in Great Yarmouth. Her birth parents were Laura and Eddie Goldsmith. Laura's maiden name was Elvin. My husband is a half brother to Eddie. The family need to make urgent contact with her. Can anybody help?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 9 Apr 2015 23:15

How do you know her adopted surname? Did she keep her first name also?

Names of parents at marriage are Laurie A and Edward C.

Rose

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 9 Apr 2015 23:34

There is an entry for a Shianne T Harper-Hill on
https://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk/Electoral_Roll_Search.asp

192.com suggest she was listed on the ER to 2013.
If relevant, either they've opted out of the commercial listings, or they've moved. The current occupiers may have a forwarding address.

As it's possible that the entry is a red herring, care should be taken if you attempt contact

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Apr 2015 09:36

There is a lot of personal info on here about (presumably) living people..............do you have the consent of the parents to post their names etc on here?

If Shianne was adopted, she may not wish to know anything about her birth parents.

Penny

Penny Report 10 Apr 2015 10:29

Adoption contact register is the correct way to go. register your interest on there, will cost around £30 for each one of them.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

PollyW

PollyW Report 10 Apr 2015 22:54

I know Shianne's adopted name as she has visited her father in the past. It is quite urgent that the family need to contact her.

PollyW

PollyW Report 10 Apr 2015 22:57

I am trying to contact Shianne urgently on behalf of her parents. So yes I do have consent. To the best of my knowledge Shianne kept her first name.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 11 Apr 2015 00:07

Pauline,

Have you tried the Harper-Hill connection?

Rose

PollyW

PollyW Report 7 May 2015 21:22

Thank you for contacting me. The urgent contact was due to a family bereavement. I was trying to contact her to let her know that sadly her father Eddie has sadly passed away very suddenly. I was hoping to contact her in time for her to attend the funeral. Her mother Laura has asked if she would contact her. I have an address and a phone number. Sorry to be bearer of such tragic news. Also would she know where her brother Jason is?

Pauline

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 7 May 2015 23:16

Pauline and Alison - it might be better if you continued your conversation off-board.

Click on the other member's name to send a message. That way you can exchange email addresses/phone numbers without them coming up on an internet search.

Considering the sensative information contained on this thread, once off-board contact has been made, perhaps Pauline could consider deleting it?

PollyW

PollyW Report 7 May 2015 23:53

Thank you . Will do