Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alfred campbell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Beth

Beth Report 30 Mar 2015 21:59

I am trying to find Alfred Campbell although I am not sure if he is still alive, if he is he would now be 81-83. The last contact I had with him he was living in Walthamstow.
He worked in London for Marks and Spencer in their maintenance department and at some point prior to that he had his own greengrocery business.
It is important that I find him or any relatives.

jax

jax Report 30 Mar 2015 22:12

Was he born in England or Wales and did he have a middle name?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 30 Mar 2015 22:16

Hi Beth.
As the name is so common, you might need a bit more info.
Do you know any thing else whatsoever? Name of spouse, family for example?
Jan

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 30 Mar 2015 22:23

Hi Beth

So if his age now is about 81-83........that would mean he was born abt 1933.

I think we need to a few more details to be able to understand the connection.

:-)

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 08:23

Thank you everyone I am afraid I don't know if he has a middle name and all I know is he was either 21 or 23 in 1954, as you have all said I really need more information but I just don't have it. I know he had 3 children but I have no idea of their names ?? seems pretty hopeless doesn't it.

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 08:24

Oh, he was born in England though, I think possibly in London

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 08:30

Hi the connection is that he is my father although I was adopted, we did meet a few times but I moved a lot and we lost touch. The reason for the importance is that my own daughter has recently had cancer ( thankfully at the moment it is all removed) and the hospital have referred her to the genetics department as they have said that the type of cancer she had was very rare in someone so young and they think it might come back somewhere else so they want to find out about her genes. The hospital have sent her a form to fill in asking about her grandparents as well as closer relatives but as you can see from my question I can't tell her anything about her grandfather. ??

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 09:04

Oh and there is a little more I know about him and that is his father was also called Alfred and they both worked as lightermen his mother was living in Horncastle when I found him

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 Mar 2015 09:13

Do you know his mother's name?

Rose

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Mar 2015 09:16

In view of the occupation.....a possibility

Births Mar 1933 (>99%)
CAMPBELL Alfred A Caine Lambeth 1d 312

Marriages Sep 1924 (>99%)
Caine Kathleen L Campbell Lambeth 1d 669
Campbell Alfred Caine Lambeth 1d 669

And another

Births Sep 1933 (>99%)
CAMPBELL Alfred W Smith St.Olave 1d 158

Marriages Dec 1932 (>99%)
Campbell Alfred W E Smith St. Olave 1d 370
Smith Clara J Campbell St.Olave 1d 370

Have you had sight of your adoption file?

When did you last have contact?

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 10:42

Yes I did see my adoption file but the only information that was on it is what I have put on here already, I messaged my birth mother yesterday to ask her if she had any more information but she said it was just a fling and she didn't know anything more lol

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 10:49

Oh and sorry Jacqueline I last saw him about 25 years ago!
Thank you so much for helping me, I am guessing the Alfred Campbell you found who got married in 1924 would have to be my dad's father, is there any way of finding out if they had any children and if so if one of them was also called Alfred? As I say I know my father had three other children other than me, they were with the lady he married not my mother.

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 10:53

Hi again Jacqueline sorry I am new to this and a bit confused, I see what you mean the first Alfred A Campbell on the list could very well be my father but what does the A Caine bit mean?

Beth

Beth Report 31 Mar 2015 10:55

I really really appreciate everyone for being so helpful ??

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Mar 2015 11:56

I have responded to your PM, Beth

To explain further..............it isn't A Caine. It's Alfred A Campbell, with MMN Caine.

.........hence the posting of the marriage