Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

David Arnold b 1955

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rita

Rita Report 2 Mar 2015 12:35

I am seeking to find relatives who are descended from Lizzie Arnold b 1871. Lizzie herself married a Henry MCabe and they lived in the Bethnal Green area. To my knowledge they had a daughter also named Lizzie who married a W F Turner. It is highly likely that David is connected to Lizzia Arnold in some way but I have been unable to find the link. Can anyone help?

Rita

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 13:39

A big gap between 1871 and 1955, and a bit tenuous to link the 1955 male with a woman whose married name was not Arnold

You'll need to research backwards from David's birth. I presume you know the correct MMN?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 13:40

Marriages Sep 1889 (>99%)

ARNOLD Lizzie Bethnal Green 1c 451
McCabe Henry Bethnal Green 1c 451

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 13:42

1901 England, Wales & Scotland Census Transcription
20, Gales Gardens, Bethnal Green, London, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship Marital status Gender Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Henry McCabe Head Married Male 31 1870 Cabinet Maker Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Transcription
Henry McCabe Son Single Male 11 1890 - Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Transcription
James McCabe Son Single Male 8 1893 - Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Transcription
Lizzie McCabe Daughter Single Female 5 1896 - Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Transcription
Ada Arnold Boarder Widow Female 48 1853 Fur Sewer Bethnal Green, Middlesex, England Transcription

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 13:43

Unless Lizzie had brothers, who had sons, there is no way anyone born Arnold in 1955 can be linked to her

EDIT

There is one way........

If she had an illegitimate son, who had a male descendancy line, it is JUST possible

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 13:46

To find any links on here, look for the names in search trees

malyon

malyon Report 2 Mar 2015 16:39

Lizzie Arnold
England and Wales, Marriage Registration Index
Name: Lizzie Arnold
Event Type: Marriage
Registration Quarter: Jul-Aug-Sep
Registration Year: 1889
Registration District: Bethnal Green
County: London
Event Place: Bethnal Green, London, England
Volume: 1C
Page: 451
Line Number: 324

Lizzie Arnold probably married one of the following people
Name: Henry Joseph Bishop
Name: Samuel Crick
Name: Louisa Evans
Name: Henry Mccabe

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 2 Mar 2015 16:58

Who is/was David Arnold's father? There is only one birth shown on freebmd in 1955 with no middle initial, but plenty with a second name.

As other's have said, we/you probably need to trace his ancestors on the Arnold side to get back at least 2, possibly 3, generations to find any sort of relationship with Lizzie.

malyon

malyon Report 2 Mar 2015 17:08

david arnold could be a desendant of lizzie's fathers brother's if he had any

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 2 Mar 2015 17:11

That's even more tenuous, although not impossible

When Rita returns, perhaps she'll share her thinking with us

Rita

Rita Report 3 Mar 2015 00:07

Hi all

I appreciate your suggestions - I did check mmn but still found no match . There were also a couple of David Arnolds of his dob that married another Arnold which was of no consequence. My sudden recent interest of David Arnold 1955 came about whilst I was on my facebook page as 'People you may know'. As I was working on the 'Lizzie Arnold' line at the time I felt there could be a connection. More likely just a coincidence perhaps. In any event thankyou for your time.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Mar 2015 08:16

He's more likely to be a 'friend' of a 'friend' :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Mar 2015 09:31

Rita

If you're looking for direct descendants of Lizzie, you should be concentrating on researching her line, which is not Arnold

Rita

Rita Report 3 Mar 2015 11:05

Good point - although I have since discovered that this David is in fact listed in the Tree of a Valerie Silsby - researching on behalf of her husband Bob Myers. Seems that he was born Robert Snelling, his father (Robert also) Army Man, was killed at Loos. His mother remarried Ray Myers and Bob changed his name to Myers. They now live in Oz. Ironically I have been in touch with Valerie to exchange info - and have done so via 'facebook' would you belive ..... which of course supports your theory.I will contact her again and see if she can throw any light on the matter - bearing in mind the time diffrence! I will let you know the outcome and not leave you 'hanging' (lol). Thanks again for your support. With kind regards - Rita

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 3 Mar 2015 14:12

If you're in touch with the member who has this David in her tree, ask her if she is able to tell you how she connects with him, and how she thinks he links to Lizzie

Rita

Rita Report 3 Mar 2015 15:43

Yes Jackie thankyou - have 'picked-up' again and will do just that - will get back to you......

Rita

Rita Report 6 Mar 2015 11:00

Well Jackie - didn't get the information I was hoping to - she opened up her Tree for me which although it indicates his name and dob which I already have, it didn;t give any other info e.g. mother and father. Therefore I still cannot clarify 'from whence he cometh' !I have gone back to Lizzie Arnold and listed all the male Arnolds and working down -very time consuming - with no luck so far... off for a break now but will come back to it later. If you have any other ideas I would appreciate it. ps I have tried Census but without knowldge of his current family members and and area in the UK it is futile as is finding his mothes maiden name.
ttfn Rita