Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Catherine Ann(e) Carbert (nee Shaw)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jillian

Jillian Report 15 Feb 2015 17:58

I am looking for Catherine Carbert (nee Shaw) on behalf of her daughter Rebecca and old friend Simone. She married in York in 1992 and will now be in her early 40s. Her daughter is very anxious to find her. Any help would be very much appreciated

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Feb 2015 18:16

neither she nor her husband Michael seems to have been on the electoral roll in the last decade

is Rebecca in touch with her siblings?

... ah no, I see, sister living with father on recent electoral roll ...

can you tell us when Rebecca last saw her mother?
and Catherine's year of birth?

could Catherine have remarried under her birth name (i.e. was there a divorce)?

have sent Jillian a PM about using the boards

also info about possible remarriage ...

Jillian

Jillian Report 15 Feb 2015 18:35

Catherine was a friend of my daughter who was born in 1971. Catherine was the same age within a year or 2. Rebecca last saw her mother when she was about 2 years old which would be 96/97.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 15 Feb 2015 19:05

Jillian I've been working on figuring out the possible marriage and the info on the electoral roll but none of it is making sense!

there were an awful lot of Catherine Ann/e Shaws born within a year or two of 1971 unfortunately ... the closest in Yorkshire look like 1967 and 1975 ...

does Rebecca know her maternal grandparents' names and has she ever been in touch with them? they would likely still be living so I might not put that info here but if you want to send it to me privately I'll see what that might come up with ... also if she knows whether Catherine had any siblings ...

can Rebecca's dad give her any of that information?

and the question, was there a divorce?

Jillian

Jillian Report 16 Feb 2015 09:15

How do I send you a personal message?

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 16 Feb 2015 10:12

Click on the person's name