Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

looking for birth parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire

Claire Report 30 Jan 2015 17:37

Hello I am new on here :-)I was adopted and am looking for any living relatives,my birth mothers name was Lynda bleach,from portsmouth and my birth fathers name was john cooke and originally from reading,can anyone help?thanks

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2015 18:06

Welcome to the board Claire, is the other person who has Lynda in his
tree known to you already? ( see 'Search' at top right of page)

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2015 18:13

Sending possible marriages by private message... click on 'messages' at top of page Claire

Claire

Claire Report 30 Jan 2015 18:14

I sent a message to the person who owns the tree yesterday,I have found an address for lynda,and it is very local to me but I don't know what to do about contacting her,Im just very impatient :-)

Rambling

Rambling Report 30 Jan 2015 18:27

Try NOT to be impatient Claire, her family may not know about you and even if they do, it is still a situation that needs to be taken really slowly for your benefit as well as theirs.

To give everyone a chance to get used to the idea, and to make sure you have the right person! I would advise using a mediator, if you can't do that please write a letter first, asking if she recognises the details of your birth as you think there may be a family link. If it is the right person it gives her time to consider what to do next, add your phone number and address, but DON'T be tempted to turn up on her doorstep unannounced even if it is close to you.

Claire

Claire Report 30 Jan 2015 18:36

I gave the details to a mediator today but she's on leave for a week,although it is tempting I wouldn't turn up,even though I walk past her road to take my son to school.I just have to be patient :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2015 19:07

Just to reiterate the importance of patience - there's another thread on this board where the mother had left the family. The now adult child found the current address and lay in wait to speak to her. There was not a happy outcome. :-0

Hopefully your mediator will be able to prepare the way for contact. :-)

Claire

Claire Report 30 Jan 2015 20:04

Thanks for the chat and advice hopefully I will have good news in a few weeks :-)

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 31 Jan 2015 10:10

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1349136