Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tom ellis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sherajess

sherajess Report 29 Jan 2015 22:55

looking for my paternal father he was a hop picker in the early 1950's together with my maternal mother alice elizabeth coombs. i was born 18.2.51and later adopted.
i lived in cascade, gelligaer glamorganshire south wales until i was adopted.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2015 23:15

Hop picking where?

Unless you have additional information, it's going to be difficult to find him. People from, say, areas of London used to travel to Kent and treated it as a working holiday. The same probably happened in other areas were hops were grown.

Google hop picking in Kent if your mother gave birth or lived in London or the SE. Although most results quote pickers from the East End of London, my own ancestors from North London also travelled down there.
Of course, he could have been a local!

Try searching all members trees for Tom and Thomas Ellis with roughly the same YOB as your mother then send a general query message.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 30 Jan 2015 20:43

Ann can you say what kind of info just so others know what to look for or not look for?

e.g. an address, a birth, a marriage, a death ... not the details, just what kind of record ...

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 31 Jan 2015 01:34

some possible info sent by message

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 May 2015 09:46

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1352247