Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sister

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tammy

Tammy Report 26 Jan 2015 16:37

Still no luck in finding my sister :-( Her birth name was Ashley Harrington, I'm pretty sure I've found her on here but she hasn't opened my messages yet. Fingers crossed she still uses this site!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jan 2015 16:56

Unfortunately, if she doesn't have the same e-mail as when she registered, GR will not be able to contact her

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jan 2015 17:08

Presumably, she was adopted

Are you on the national adoption contact register?

Tammy

Tammy Report 26 Jan 2015 17:19

There's two accounts for the same person, so I'm assuming she changed her email address then set it up to this site. Yeah she was adopted in 1975, I've sent my registration form to the adoption register, just waiting on confirmation from then.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 26 Jan 2015 17:27

The register people give info about on here does not include Scotland

Have you tried www.192.com using the name in which she has her membership on here?

Tammy

Tammy Report 26 Jan 2015 18:09

No its the Scottish adoption register I've registered with! Yeah I've tried that!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 29 Jan 2015 22:49

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1349078

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1349077

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2015 05:58

If you click on her name her adopted or current surname appears.

Rose

Tammy

Tammy Report 30 Jan 2015 07:42

Thank you! Can you tell me what that researching message is!? Lol

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Jan 2015 08:24

It's not uncommon to have posters assume helpers are related to them when we add any info. on their family found on Ancestry, FreeBMD, Google, etc.

I had one poster who insisted I was her husband's ex and I couldn't convince her otherwise! I think the ex was called Rosemary.

Rose