Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Margaret Sibbald family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

carol

carol Report 3 Jan 2015 09:43

Does anyone know of a family by the name of Sibbald and came from Glasgow. As I am looking for a lady called Margret Sibbald, she would have ben born between 1945/1960. She stayed at 125 Dunira street, Glasgow in 1972 and she was a dyer at that time. Dunira st was off Tollcross in Parkhead area.

If anyone knows of any info please can you contact me no matter how small the info you may have :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jan 2015 09:53

She only be 12 in 1972 if born 1960' so would still be at school

Have you looked on Scotland's People for her birth ?

carol

carol Report 3 Jan 2015 10:41

Hi Shirley

Yes I have been on Scotlands People but there is a few with the same name and the census isn't available for me to check on the address :-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jan 2015 11:53

What about checking the electoral roll for that address if she was 21 plus she should be on it

Or was her stay short term ? If she gave birth at that address was it some sort of home?

carol

carol Report 3 Jan 2015 13:34

Shirley I have tried searching for who stayed at that address in 1972 but the census isn't available yet sadly. I am not sure if it was a short stay or not.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Jan 2015 15:34

No not the census but the electoral rolls . These are held at the main library for the area I think

Someone with scottish knowledge would be able to tell you

carol

carol Report 3 Jan 2015 16:33

Super i will try and get up tothe Mitchell library in Glasgow and see what I can see for the addressee at the time of 1972, thank you for your advice.