Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

john hopper c1930

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Jan 2015 22:31

I'm stuck!
All I know is john hopper was born between 1928 and 1930 and lived in millfield road faversham kent in 1962 when his son was born in bridge.
his partner was eileen although I don't believe they married as I can't trace one she was haresign then modd even tho at her 2nd marriage she was as hopper as previous name on cert
Can anyone help ?I Dont Know Where To Look anymore

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 Jan 2015 01:09

Have you looked at old electoral rolls to see if he had a middle initial? You can find these at Faversham library.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 2 Jan 2015 01:19

I see a son born in 1960 in Bridge and one in 1961 in Northampton, who died the same year.

Rose

Lisa

Lisa Report 3 Jan 2015 23:22

Thanks rose I'm aware of the sons the one living is hoping I can trace his dad but I keep hitting a brick wall
Can I get the library records online as I'm not in that area
Lisa

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Jan 2015 00:09

No, but if you were to contact the Library, they will undertake a look-up for you. There will probably be a charge.

Address:
Newton Road
Faversham
Kent
ME13 8DY

Tel: 03000 41 31 31
Fax: 01795 591229

[email protected]

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Jan 2015 00:14

Thank you i will give that a try will let you know the outcome
Lisa :-)

malyon

malyon Report 4 Jan 2015 15:32

the birth i found was 1930 in faversham was middle name H and there is one in electoral list http://www.freeelectoralroll.co.uk

Lisa

Lisa Report 5 Jan 2015 23:38

Apparently he had no middle name
I've found a john hopper on electorial roll ( thanks yvonne for the link) his age fits I'm goin to write and give him a try this week
And also will try the library as suggested
Many thanks for your help everyone it's great to get some fresh ideas x

Lisa

Lisa Report 20 Aug 2015 12:53

Hi guys I tried faversham library and they only keep recirds from 1970
My next try is ordering baby john hopper who died the same years birth certificate in the hope there will be more info on it
Thanks for your help :-)

Kay????

Kay???? Report 20 Aug 2015 23:22

Birth 1932 as Haresign,mmn Haresign.

1935 ,gained a stepfather Walter Modd.

Hence the two unusal combination of surnames,

,,perhaps Mr Hopper was already in a marriage in 1960 + and wasnt then free to marry.?

Lisa

Lisa Report 25 Aug 2015 11:48

Thanks kay they did actually live together at millfield rd but I can't find marriage anywhere
She was as hopper surname on her next marriage cert
Was it legal to be known as a surname of your choice in them days without it being real ??