Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Canadian Cousin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Jan 2015 17:39

Hi

I've lost touch with my second cousin who lived in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Is there anyone here that can check the electoral roll for me or a similar record in Canada please as I'm not sure whether she may have passed away or just changed her email address and forgotten to tell me. I have her full address which I've written to but my letter has been returned undelivered. I can PM last known details if someone could help me, her name is Marilyn Shaw-Guisset and she is also an author as well as a keen genealogist.

Thank you for any help that our Canadian friends might be able to give.
Hilary x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Jan 2015 18:33

Have you tried this?

http://www.volunteergreatermoncton.com/opp-occ/tr-3-aller-dr.html

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Jan 2015 18:35

And this:

http://www.canada411.ca/map/mapSearch.html?stype=si&what=M+GUISSET&where=Moncton+NB

Rose

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Jan 2015 19:24

Thanks Rose for your help. The map that you've provided shows Marilyn's former address in John Street, Moncton. However, I've emailed the volunteer group in Moncton using your first link to see if they have any contact details for my cousin since the volunteer co-ordinators have changed.

In the meantime, can anyone confirm whether electoral rolls are used in Canada and if so, whether Marilyn is shown at John Street, Moncton in the most recent?

Thank you
Hilary x

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 1 Jan 2015 20:37

The address shown Leslie St, Moncton. The displayed map just shows the general area of Moncton. Looks like she moved a few blocks.

Why not try the phone number? Canada411 should be up to date.

Rose

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Jan 2015 21:52

Ahhh, thank you so much Rose, I didn't realise that "Leslie" was a street name and couldn't see it on the map until I tried the directions from her old address.

I don't have access to international telephone calls so would prefer to write if I can and just need to find out the house number now.

Thanks for your help x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 3 Jan 2015 10:43

Her email address is on this message but it's dated 2001:

http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/surnames.gange/10.21/mb.ashx

Hilary

Hilary Report 3 Jan 2015 20:17

Thank you SO MUCH for trying to help me Margee. Unfortunately, the email address in the link is the old one I already have and the website no longer works. I guess that Marilyn possibly changed her internet provider when she moved. I did actually send a message to her on Ancestry but I suspect it's linked to the old email address as it remains unanswered.

Very best wishes
Hilary.