Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

william atkinson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 3 Nov 2014 21:31

Jane Wright born February 1956 in London, daughter of M Ella Wright, would very much like to make contact with her father, William Atkinson. William would have been resident in Sydney, Australia 1955/56.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

patchem

patchem Report 3 Nov 2014 23:34

Do you believe that William was actually born in Australia, living there, or just visiting?

What sort of age do you think he would have been in 1955?

Does he know of your birth, and has he ever had any contact with you?

Thanks.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 4 Nov 2014 10:06

If you know when and where he was born, look for him in search all member trees

If not there, it's unlikely that anyone on here would have info about him

Jill

Jill Report 4 Nov 2014 20:22

Thank you for your reply--I have absolutely no other info about him other than he was named as the father in Jane Wrights adoption papers in 1956, and at that time he was living in Somerset Street , Sydney. I don't know if he was an Australian or, like Jane's mother , just visiting. Although I have looked on Ancestry and there are William Atkinsons in Sydney nothing ties them to either the date or specific location, it was a request for information made more in hope than expectation!