Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

father

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

baines

baines Report 29 Aug 2014 19:01

i am the son phyllis pinder nee{baines}i was born jan 17 1946 in india iwas told that my father was henry reynolds he was in the army in india in 1945-7when india became indepenent in 1947he was sent back to the uk with the army my mother and henry was going to get marred but my mother diead with TB in 1947 i was only 11 months old my gran mother and the rest of the familleft indiato englandin 1947 my gran gave me the name william HENRY baines when i was 4 years old i was put into a childrens home till the age 14 my granmother pastaway in 1970 the last daughter of my gran [my aunty just the last 4 years told me that henry was my father ] the family were told not to tell me i never new my mother but would love to meet my farther or some one that new him i was in belgum in india 1946-7 please help me thank you william henry baines

patchem

patchem Report 29 Aug 2014 20:24

Welcome to the boards, William.

Have you any idea of the age of your father when he was in India - did anyone say anything to you about him as to age, area of country, regiment, anything?

Thank-you

Added:
Are you saying that your mother was original Phyllis Baines but married (in India?) and became Phyllis Pinder?

Added:
You have Phyllis Anne Baines, 1920, unknown birth place, in your tree, so what is the Pinder connection?
Thanks

jax

jax Report 30 Aug 2014 00:53

This is your mothers marriage and can see your birth is in the name of William Henry Baines Pinder and William Henry Pinder,.....it also says fathers name Pinder so doubt whether Henry reynolds would be mentioned on it.....I take it your mother was not with her husband?
First name(s) Phyllis Ann
Last name Baines
Marriage year 1940
Marriage date 1940
Spouse's first name Bernard
Spouse's last name Pinder
Place Trimulgherry
Presidency Madras
Groom's age 25
Bride's age 19
Groom's father's first name -
Groom's father's last name -
Bride's father's first name -
Bride's father's last name -
Catalogue description Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Madras, : 1698-1948
Archive reference N-2-167-8
Folio number 102
Entry number -
Record set British India Office marriages
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Marriages & divorces
Collections from Great Britain
brightsolid online publishing l

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 30 Aug 2014 03:17

????

First name(s) Phillis Ann
Last name Baines
Birth year 1920
Birth date 1920
Baptism year 1920
Father's first name(s) -
Father's last name Baines
Mother's first name(s) -
Mother's last name -
Place Secunderabad
Presidency Madras
Archive reference N-2-128
Folio 42
Page -
Catalogue descriptions Parish register transcripts from the Presidency of Madras
Record set British India Office births & baptisms
Category Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records
Record collection Births & baptisms
Collections from Great Britain

baines

baines Report 11 Nov 2014 14:08

phills ann baines daughter of george edward baines d.o.b.27.3.1896 mothers name ethel eva florance baines nee[duffield ] d.o.b.1893 phillis p.o.b secunderabad india her ex husband was bernard pinder my mother and he split up in 1944-5 my mother met a henry reynolds thay was to marry in1947 but he was sent back to the uk i was born in 1946 my mother pastaway with TB in 1947 my granmother gave me my mothers maiden name baines the family was told never to tell me about henry renyolds it was not untill the family had past away bar one that was patricia evelyn rae nee[baines] i was told after 50 years too late when i could have looked for henry reynolds all that know about him is that he was in the army and his name. my aunty pat pastaway on the 2/10/2012 so i am stuck