Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anybody live near Eden Vale Rd/Rocher Pl Westbury

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 20 Jun 2014 07:49

Hi all,
I have received some lovely help on this forum recently and hope I can get a litel extra help.

It looks like I have found my biological mother but the address I have is slightly unusual.

I'm hoping if someone lives near Eden Vale Road or Rocher Place Westbury may be able to advise if the address I have is actually house or a retirement village etc.

A Google seacrh of Greenacre Lodge comes up with different people that are Directors etc and having Greenacre Lodge in their address as well.

The address I have is Greenacre Lodge, off Eden Vale Road, Westbury.

But Google maps shows Rocher Place becomes like a dead end with a narrow roadway/path to the Greenacres Lodge.

Any help would be appreciated.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 20 Jun 2014 09:59

If no one comes up with local knowledge, try contacting the Clerk to Westbury Town Council on this link

http://tinyurl.com/pke6j4q

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 20 Jun 2014 13:40

Thanks Detective I have now done that too - you never know.

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 20 Jun 2014 13:43

If no-one knows the specific area I mention above, does anyone have a phone book of the Westbury that they could look up the name to see if there is an address showing.
(I'm not sure if I can the names on this post, so if you can help, please pm me and I will give details)
Thank you

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2014 15:02

Try the BTonline phonebook

Graham

Graham Report 20 Jun 2014 16:59

I can't find a Greenacres nursing home (or retirement home) in Westbury. There's one in Trowbridge or a Greengates nursing home in Westbury.

http://www.housingcare.org/residential-care-homes/area-2-west-wiltshire.aspx

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 21 Jun 2014 01:41

Thank you Shirley, I had tried the BT phone but no luck (well, the one person that did show is not the correct person).

Also, thanks Graham for your search. Everything is narrowing thing down.

What about Grassacres, Rocher Close, Westbury.
(There could be a house number 33, but the last house in the road shows 31 - then a narrow path to what looks could be houses, but Google maps does not it too well).

Anyone live in this street that could tell me :)

Autumnleaves

Autumnleaves Report 21 Jun 2014 05:08

Who lives at this address?

Who lives here?

We have occupancy information for 2 people based at this address from the 2014 Edited Electoral Roll.
•Full name
•Length of occupancy
•Telephone number*

The above was from 192.com for 33 rocher Close BA13 3NT
Possibly the local library or whoever holds the electoral roll can confirm for you who lives at that address.
I had difficulty c&p but think it did say Greenacres Lodge also

Best Wishes

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 21 Jun 2014 06:34

Thank you Autmnleaves for your troubles - much appreciated.
At least that is another confirmation that number 33 exists in Rocher Close (someone else had pm'd me saying Tracemart confirmed the number but no-one living there - but TM hasn't updated as much as 192 I believe).

But I will also try your suggestion with the library and if anyone can get into 2014 electoral roll to confirm details - fingers crossed.

Graham

Graham Report 21 Jun 2014 07:28

On this site the only way to search the electoral roll is to search for a person's name. You can't search by address. But it might be possible to do that on other sites...