Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Michael Hornsby b. 1944 Lincoln, Lincolnshire, UK

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Jun 2014 12:01

Seeking contact or information on descendants

jax

jax Report 11 Jun 2014 12:47

Have you looked for any marriage for him or looked to see if he is in any tree on here?

There are a couple trees and two look to belong to him....send him a message The newer membership number is about 3 or 4 years old

Margaret

Margaret Report 11 Jun 2014 13:08

Many thanks have messaged two likely Hornsby names. No reply as yet. Have looked at marriages and following up one of them.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Jun 2014 08:31

Marriages Jun 1939 (>99%)
Fish Kathleen Hornsby Lincoln 7a 1505
Hornsby Stanley W Fish Lincoln 7a 1505

Who registered this death?

Michael appears to have been an only child.................

England & Wales deaths 1837-2007 Transcription

First name(s) STANLEY WILFRED
Last name HORNSBY
Gender Male
Birth day 28
Birth month 1
Birth year 1912
Age -
Death quarter 4
Death year 1987
District NORTH WARWICKSHIRE
County Warwickshire
Country England
Volume 31
Page 16

??
Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
Hornsby Stanley W Teakle Aston 6d 807

Births Jun 1918 (>99%)
Fish Kathleen Hutchings Lincoln 7a 712

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jun 2014 21:00

Many thanks for your help. Awaiting Death Cert for Stanley Wilfred Hornsby. Sadly nothing from the owners of the two trees with Kathleen Fish and Stanley Hornsby. Research keeps coming back to this line to help me break down my brick wall. Just hope that owners get in touch as Michael may be able to confirm or deny relationship to my Dad.

Ricochet

Ricochet Report 21 Jun 2014 22:44

Why do you think he is related to your dad?

Have you researched your dad's people?

Margaret

Margaret Report 22 Jun 2014 06:17

Yes I have got lots of info on that side and have been looking for his step sisters family for about 7 years, with very little to go on. Only learned about her when my Dad died. Have a couple of photos. One from Michael. No surnames but forenames,places and dates fit these people best.